'This summer strengthened family relationships' - Princeton

angelserenite 9 / 14  
Please tell us how you have spent the last two summers (or vacations between school years), including any jobs you have held, if not already detailed on the Common Application.

The first few raindrops lightly touch the ground with a "plop!" With additional plops here and there, the raindrops begin to fall like mischievous incessant sprites. The fresh scent of the rain is reinvorating as each drop seems to cleanse and nurture the earth. It is the same with the summers of '10 and '11 as they provided nourishment and rejuvenation and their wheels of time began to spin faster.

The rain drizzling introduces the summer of '10. I carefully chop the rotund beet as my grandmother slowly stirs the borscht soup with its reddish hue of love for the last time. Two wonderful years of sagacious guidance and the Kazakh cultural culinary and linguistic exposure have come to end as my guardians, grandparents, returned to their missionary work in Kazakhstan. We take our last road trip down to Los Angeles together where we spend two weeks with our relatives, cherishing the conversations and memories. Here, I feel reinvigorated as three days of worship and fellowship takes place in my cousin's church retreat.

"I'm sorry for..." This summer strengthened family relationships while my siblings and I lived alone after my grandparents' leave. My brothers and I had unresolved issues with each other and through every argument, fight, and apology, we learned to be patient with one another and listen to each other's voice.

The rain pouring introduces the summer of '11. Father Time swiftly turns the wheels so that each hour feels like a second. Scurrying up and down the stairs, I read, translate, and scan documents for my recently immigrated father. This is the first summer that I lived with my father after my mother's death. This summer is also the first time I socially interacted with my friends outside of school as I had sleepovers and went to the mall.

Taking our annual family road trip down to Los Angeles, I spend two weeks with our relatives once more. Here, my weary body is replenished as my aunt pampers me with delicious multiethnic food, a Chinese full body massage, and hilarious family stories. I catch up with my female cousin and once again go to her church retreat.

The summers of '10 and '11 were a time of change and development, a time of obtaining responsibilities and building relationships. As raindrops begin to fall faster from a drizzle to a pour, time also seemed to go faster. As raindrops provided nourishment and rejuvenation, these summers provided them as well as start of a new beginning, such as living with a father.
Vindr - / 1  
The first few raindrops lightly touch the ground with a "plop!" With additional plops here and there, the raindrops begin to fall like mischievious incessant sprites. The fresh scent of the rain is invigorating as each drop seems to cleanse and nurture the earth. It is the same with the summers of '10 and '11 as they provided nourishment and rejuvenation and their wheels of time began to spin faster.

The drizzling rain introduces the summer of '10. I carefully chop the rotund beet as my grandmother slowly stirs the borscht soup with its reddish hue of love for the last time. Two wonderful years of sagacious guidance and the Kazakh cultural culinary and linguistic exposure have come to end as my guardians, grandparents, returned to their missionary work in Kazakhstan. We take our last road trip down to Los Angeles together where we spend two weeks with our relatives, cherishing the conversations and memories. Here, I feel re- invigorated as three days of worship and fellowship takes place in my cousin's church retreat.

The rain pouring introduces the summer of '11. Father Time swiftly turns the wheels so that each hour feels like a second. Scurrying up and down the stairs, I read, translate, and scan documents for my recently immigrated father. This is the first summer that I lived with my father after my mother's death. This summer is also the first time I socially interacted with my friends outside of school with sleepovers and went to the mall.

While taking our annual family road trip down to Los Angeles, I spend two weeks with our relatives once more. Here, my weary body is replenished as my aunt pampers me with delicious multi- ethnic food, a Chinese full body massage, and hilarious family stories. I catch up with my female (not sure you need female here) cousin and once again go to (the?) church retreat.

The summers of '10 and '11 were a time of change and development, a time of obtaining responsibilities and building relationships. As raindrops begin to fall faster from a drizzle to a pour, time also seemed to go faster. As (the) raindrops provided nourishment and rejuvenation, these summers provided them as well as start of a new beginning, such as living with a father.

Last part is a bit awkward so maybe rephrase?
Hope this helps :)
soufianelaouad 3 / 29  
Amazing Work ! I am a high school student who wants to pursue Electrical or mechanical engineering at Purdue Next year.
Please look at the Last essay I just posted its about engineering and my future
thank you

Home / Undergraduate / 'This summer strengthened family relationships' - Princeton