BU SUP; Why Boston Uni? Opportunities

alecblumenfeld 5 / 9 1  
The reasons that I am attracted to Boston University are countless. Boston University provides not only strong traditional academic exposure but also practical opportunities. Current students most commonly reference research opportunities as one of their favorite things about Boston University. The ability to do my own research is something that I am passionate about and I anticipate the ability to do so at Boston University. Additionally they comment that they are not only learning but having fun while learning.

Both the in and out of classroom learning opportunities available in Boston are remarkable. Boston University offers one of the strongest computer science and business programs in the country. Looking at the course catalog from previous years, I can tell that BU is a school that caters to my interests.

Some people complain that Boston University is difficult because its urban location. I can hardly see how this is a negative feature. BU takes advantage of its urban setting by incorporating the city into its curriculum. I thrive in urban settings and I am galvanized by the possibilities and opportunities available to students at Boston University. Having access to hands-on learning in such a diverse and multi-faceted city is why I want to go to BU. I am excited to expand my horizon in a way that no other school or environment could allow me to.

Looking for any and all comments (gramatical or other)
programmer 6 / 23 2  
becaues its AN urban location... if you connect something what you always wanted in what you found in university of boston, would be amazing just think about that.

you're a good writer. try to write more passionately, your essay gives me the feeling that you've been forced to write it.
OP alecblumenfeld 5 / 9 1  
if i had a little bit more than 250 words i think would of had a little bit more of a creative input but i tried to summarize all of the reasons that i would want to attend school there within the allotted space, regardless thank you for the complement.
programmer 6 / 23 2  
I understand, my mother tongue is not english though but i had the same problem with illinois, a friend adviced me: write about less subjects but write deeper. well my whole essay changed. i think that's what they are looking for, not just listing 1, 2, 3 ... these are my reasons see? i came up to 111223953 reasons. you know, i'm not a good writer, i got 8 outa 12 in my SAT, but just universities are looking for creativity. imagine if you were going to read 1000 essays, you'd really expect something new, not something u'd seen 500 times before.

Home / Undergraduate / BU SUP; Why Boston Uni? Opportunities