"support and guidance" family history, culture or environment influenced who you are?

xojlc442xo 1 / -  
My family environment has influenced who I am as a person. Both of my parents have always taught me to strive for success, and to never quit. My mother and father both have there masters degree and want nothing more for there children to succeed in life and earn a degree like they did. I was raised to never quit, no matter how hard an exam or class is, with effort and patience you will always be able to pull through it and succeed. My parents have brought me up in a well rounded environment, having me participate in sports to learn sportsman ship, and also having me in groups inside and outside of school to make me become a more responsible person. My parents have always made many obstacles in my environment to help me be able overcome and learn from them. I have had so much support and guidance throughout my life I have been motivated to get through college to finish my degree in exceptional student education. I have taken all my knowledge that I have learned from the environment around me and applied it to my school studies, which has had a great impact on my degree.
Azeri 10 / 137  
What about family cilture and history impact?
Vakax 2 / 50  
Ok, so first of all that was a good attempt at trying to tackle such a vast topic.However, There are some serious problems with the essay apart from "linguistics"

How has your family history, culture or environment influenced who you are?

Break it down to the things that you have to discuss.

Family history - what type of family do you belong to? are you financially stable or not? How has this affected your growth, your childhood, your life thus far?

Culture - What culture are you are part of? Maybe you belong to a rich culture full of vibrant events and history.Maybe its religious. Maybe its unadorned. How has that shaped your personality?

Environment - Maybe you belong to a place with poor sanitation, squalid living conditions, impure drinking water (just an example) How has that made you give back to the society..Maybe you have people with special needs in your surroundings. How do you help them?

So, you see that the topic thats been given to you is practically giving a seven tiered cake for free to someone on their wedding. Its your blank canvas and you can use it however you want.. Throw in colors, add drama, add humane details...They want to know YOU..what makes you so special? How has your surrounding added to your personality?

Best of luck.
My mother and father both have there masters degrees and want nothing more than for their children to succeed in life and earn a degree like they did. I was raised to never quit, no matter how hard an exam or class is; with effort and patience you will always be able to pull through it and succeed. My parents have brought me up in a well-rou nded environment, having me participate in sports to learn sportsmanship , and also having me in groups ...

It will be better if you write about how they influenced your decision to enter the field of ________ (because this will show that you have a clear plan and that you are purposeful and motivated.)

Home / Undergraduate / "support and guidance" family history, culture or environment influenced who you are?