Not sure if this essay can be used for this prompt so.. let me know! (:

pcvrz34g 22 / 117  
I applied early action to a university that did not require any essays. However, I want to apply for their honor program which does require an essay. The prompt is this:

Psychologist Howard Gardner has identified nine types of intelligences: linguistic, logical-mathematical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, musical, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, naturalist, and existential. Choose one that you identify with and discuss a few personal experiences that show your strength and/or weakness in this area of intelligence.

I know a lot you read my Bittersweet Scar essay, and I was wondering if that essay can be used for intrapersonal intelligence. The definition of intrapersonal intelligence is as follows:

7. Intrapersonal intelligence is the ability to be self-aware and explore emotions, goals and motivations. This perspective on the human
condition is used by writers, philosophers, psychologists, and theologians. To improve your interpersonal intelligence, "know thyself"-write in a journal, meditate, try the personality tests mentioned above.

If you haven't read my Bittersweet Scar essay, please go here:

If my essay is not appropriate for the prompt, can you explain what intrapersonal INTELLIGENCE is? I'm a bit confused.. ):

Thank you all in advance!
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
can you explain what intrapersonal INTELLIGENCE is? I'm a bit confused.. ):

^It means that you are able to understand yourself thoroughly. Means that you know your limits and know when to ask for help etc.
The essay you link to doesn't work that well. It *could.* Certainly the experience you describe gives you reason to be introspective, and to think about your emotions and motivations, but you don't go into enough depth about either at the moment. You could condense what you have into a introduction to the sort of essay you want to write, though.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
I know a lot you read my Bittersweet Scar essay, and I was wondering if that essay can be used for intrapersonal intelligence.

I don't advise recycling that or any other essay for that prompt. The prompt asks you to choose one of Gardner's types of intelligence and then give a few examples of your strengths and/or weaknesses in that area. I'd advise writing an essay especially for that prompt, beginning with the concept of multiple intelligences, focusing in on your intelligence of choice, and then explicitly discussing your strengths and weaknesses in that area, drawing on multiple examples.
Bear in mind that intelligence, of any kind, is really only the ability to recognize relationships. This may give you a place to start when thinking about how you manifest good intrapersonal intelligence.

Home / Undergraduate / Not sure if this essay can be used for this prompt so.. let me know! (: