'Surrounding darkness' - NYU Common App Supplement Question #2

tnterror 2 / 2  
B. What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

Your darkness surrounds me and I feel comfortable and your brightness below me creates a feeling of hope. The stars above us are serene and make me feel that we are being watched; I feel your ambience. You change my mood, you make me feel instantly peaceful and happy with my life and the world. I play my music at peak level, but you don't care; you let me do as I please because I know you only want me to be happy and to use this time together to be myself. The people around us may not agree with the level or the type of my music, but you don't care and neither do I. I cannot get you out of my mind when I am sad, when I am happy, or when I am angry; I always want to escape to your darkness and your cold yet comfortable aura, so I bring a blanket. I look out to the world with you and I see our little island, the city, the lights, and the mountains and I just feel even happier that we are together. The Christmas tree that you have just makes everything better, it lights up around the happiest time of the year but I get to see it year round, because you allow me to. I don't want to, yet I do want to share you with the world; I want you to know my friends and my family. I love being with you, Christmas Tree Park.
karinaestrada16 3 / 6  
Honestly i think that it is very creative but I feel that it keeps the reader in suspense for a long time. Plus the questions says "Tell us" and you wrote it as if you are telling the Christmas Tree Park.That's just my opinion though you should ask a more experienced person like a teacher just so you don't take a risk. But besides that, I like it and i think you answered the "significance" part really well.

Please help me with mine by giving your opinion.I am applying to NYU too:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Surrounding darkness' - NYU Common App Supplement Question #2