"Survivial of the Fittest" - UCF ESSAY - BUMP IN THE ROAD

jiggysmalls 2 / 3  
This is the second half of my personal statement. Again, all criticism is welcomed.

If there has been some obstacle or bump in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances?

In my second semester of college, years of bottling my worries up finally took its toll. Our speech course began with tests on personality types and learning styles to help us gauge our true selves in hopes of find a major that best matched us. What seemed like a harmless, "get to know yourself" activity, turned my quiet anxiety on high power. The rest of that semester was spent worrying about my future. Constantly feeling frightened and anxious, it eventually grew to the point that I developed strong social anxiety and was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I had reached rock bottom, felt alone, with no will to live on.

My very next semester focused on Darwin's theory of "Survivial of the Fittest". Again, I could have been easily frightened, worried that I would never be one of the "fittest". Instead of feeling bitter, I was inspired, realizing that worrying wasn't changing a thing. My struggle was something I'd strongly been avoiding. By pushing myself harder than ever before, I viewed myself in a completely new light. I felt confident and secure in myself and became more sociable than ever before. For once in my life, I welcomed challenge, viewing it for its true worth, as a way to test my limits.

I can't say I've fully overcome my anxiety. I've had a few major setbacks since my first episode. My motivation is looking back at where I've been and how much I've overcome. But as I learned before, there is no growth without struggle.
justdoit 2 / 3  
Our speech course began with tests on personality types and learning styles to help us gauge our true selves in hopes of find a major that best matched us.

this sentence is kind of confusing
mess around with it a lil bit

other than let ur english teacher work out the lil grammatical errors on it
overall good idea and essay though
...years of bottling my worries up finally took their toll.

I had reached rock bottom; I felt alo ne, with no will to live on.

This is great! It seems incomplete, though. Can you take this opportunity to write a few sentences about research articles you have read about GAD? That would be very impressive!

Home / Undergraduate / "Survivial of the Fittest" - UCF ESSAY - BUMP IN THE ROAD