"Swimming seems like a fun and easy" - Short Answer Common App

Nguyen918 1 / 1  
"Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below"

"Swimming seems like a fun and easy sport to do," I thought while signing up for the swim team my Junior year. The first week I swallowed what felt like a gallon of chlorinated water from the pool and came home aching from the 100 free sprints. Swimming seemed like a fun sport, but definitely not easy. It works every muscle in your body to their limit. The more work I put into swimming, the more respect I have gained for it. Swimming taught me to work hard toward achieving my goals. Whether it was a hard practice or a big meet, I have had to give one hundred percent everyday to keep up with my teammates and my opponents. Every race is not just about winning and coming in first, but more importantly, overcoming my own times and becoming a better swimmer.

If you guys see any grammars mistakes, or any suggestion at all, please feel free to comment.
quickstraw 1 / 5  
I agree with Vincent. Include what swimming had done to you. If you do this, your response will be less generic.

" Swimming seems like a fun and easy sport to do," I thought while signing up for the swim team my Junior year.The first week Iswallowedwhat felt like a gallon of chlorinated water from the pool and came home aching from the 100 free sprints.Swimming seemed like a fun sport, but definitely not easy. It works every muscle in your body to its limit. The more work I put into swimming, the more respect I have for it. [ Whether it was a hard practice or a big meet involving over twenty schools, I have had to give one hundred percent everyday to keep up with my teammate and my opponents. Every race is not just about winning and coming in first, but more importantly overcoming my own time and become a better swimmer.]

Consider rewriting this bracketed section. Expand on what lessons it taught you. Before you turn this in, check your tense to make sure that it fits what you're talking about.

good luck!
OP Nguyen918 1 / 1  
I appreciate all of your replies, and suggestion. thank you

Home / Undergraduate / "Swimming seems like a fun and easy" - Short Answer Common App