My Syracuse CA supplement "why + experience + realworld apply"

Jd87rh 11 / 55  
1) There are many aspects of Syracuse University that influence me to apply. At the begin of 2009, I began the process of viewing, researching and select colleges that I felt would be a good fit for me academically, financially and such. It was a very confusing thing, to pick colleges or universities that I would feel comfortable and happy with. My best friend, Carol, was going through similar problems and when she came across Syracuse University in her search, she immediately told me about it. Having conducted detailed research on the school, she believed it was perfect for me. The atmosphere, the location, the curriculum, and the school's many programs and opportunities all seem to fit my personalities and goals.

Having been raised in both New York City and the Dominican Republic, I've had the chance to experience many cultures, governments and ideas. I'm at ease surrounded by the energy and diversity that is felt throughout New York City. Having spoken to a current student and searching on the school's website, I know that in Syracuse I'll feel at home in it welcoming atmosphere.

Syracuse also offers many programs and courses that interest me. After speaking to a representative from Syracuse I learned that the L.C Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science had many opportunities. It's research curriculum span over many disciples, especially in biomedical engineering. It's home to some of the nations most acknowledged centers, and I hope that I can take part in this. Because of the diversity in programs, I can major in biomedical engineering, but minor in another subject of interest such as the fine arts or art history. L.C Smith College will the help me obtain the best preparation for a career in biomedical engineering.

Another feature that influenced me to apply to Syracuse is its vision. I'd love to apply what I've learned in school to my community. Learning through experience can sometimes be a more enriching experience then simply learning through a textbook. Syracuse allows it's students to grow as individuals with a great background, so that I'm confident I can go on to further my education or go into my career after college.

After hearing so many encouraging things about Syracuse University, I am certain that it will be a great fit for me and that I'll experience many great things whiled enrolled there.

3) The words scholarship and action are powerful words because they imply that only in action, only in an intense desire, can we grow as individuals. When we enter Syracuse University, we must crave a discovery of new knowledge, our scholarship. When we leave Syracuse University, we must integrate that knowledge in order to have a new understanding for how we can change our world, our action."

Syracuse University is a place for a person to flourish, to learn, to experience new things, I think this is what the Scholarship in Action is about. Syracuse's curriculum is an innovative way of teaching, allowing you to apply everything you learn to the real world. So that one can learn from experience and in school, and broad their knowledge.

As a student at Syracuse, I plan to continue pursuing my interest in science. Some programs that I'm interested in (and will likely pursue whiled attending Syracuse University) include Habitat for Humanity or International Student Volunteer, Inc, and other programs such as volunteering at the Carnegie Science Center. There are many possible ways that I might pursue my interest in the real world, hopefully in a way that will help the community.

I also hope to study aboard during my education in Syracuse University. Hopefully I'll be able to take part in some volunteer work during my visits aboard. International Student Volunteer is both a volunteer program and adventure program. After two or so week volunteering you then send one or two weeks exploring the country and such. So I really hope to be able to do this when attendin
OP Jd87rh 11 / 55  
1. Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University?

2. If you have had paid work experience, what skills and/or knowledge did you gain?

3. Our mission of Scholarship in Action extends beyond the classroom to include engagement opportunities with our campus community, the Cityof Syracuse, and locations across the globe. Based on your academic interests, tell us what real world experiences you might pursue during youreducation at Syracuse University as part of this mission.

those are the questions..
rosschang 2 / 8  
Just a question, why do you have "Carnegie Science Center" in your last line? I wasn't sure if you intended to put it there, or if you forgot to change it from your CMU app.

I like your overall answers-- except for you last one.
See, the colleges are looking to see your specific interests of your plans in SU. They're not looking for your interpretation of their mission. They already know what their mission is... so i suggest you delete "Syracuse University is a place for a person to flourish, to learn, to experience new things, I think this is what the Scholarship in Action is about. Syracuse's curriculum is an innovative way of teaching, allowing you to apply everything you learn to the real world. So that one can learn from experience and in school, and broad their knowledge. "

-Try researching more on the school to write about how the school is right for YOU. Cause right now, the last answer is a little impersonal-- any other student could've written it.

Otherwise, i really liked the rest of your answers... especially your second one. Your personality shines through, and i'm sure admission officers will see it too.

Best of luck =)

Home / Undergraduate / My Syracuse CA supplement "why + experience + realworld apply"