Syracuse University - Person dreaming of becoming - 250 W or less

rowliejohnflores 6 / 13 5  
Who is the person you dream of becoming and how do you believe Syracuse University can help you achieve this?

forty-fourth president of the USA

As I get older, I aspire to be the forty-fourth president of the United States, Barack Obama. Barack Obama is my role model as he was able to maintain his cool under pressure. Moreover, I admire how President Obama maintained his beliefs even when the other party was against them. As a political science student, who else is better to idolize than Barack Obama? Through Youth and Government in high school, I learned about various issues and how to tackle them, and seeing how President Obama fought for DACA and ObamaCare taught me to fight for my passions and dreams even when it feels like the whole world is against me. My aspiration to become like President Obama has encouraged me to join The Collective, a non-profit organization which serves to unite the different groups and communities at home in the Ka'u district of Hawai'i Island.

Syracuse provides the diversity and opportunities to embrace my passion for change, but also the leadership skills necessary to become the ethical and classy politician that President Obama was. The College Democrats organization will further my interest in democratic policies and ideologies that I wish to pursue in the future. Through these clubs and my rigorous coursework at Syracuse, I am sure to learn to become more confident and bold like President Obama and also prepare myself for a career in politics.
Codex1717 7 / 17  
Hello rowlie,
Nice essay. I think this sentence should have been
"The college democrats organization will fuel my interest ..... "
Just replace the world "further" with "fuel" ..

And I think this sentence was unnecessary
"As a political science student who else ... "

Home / Undergraduate / Syracuse University - Person dreaming of becoming - 250 W or less