"my teacher having his own opinion" - meekness vs voice

LUDACRISS007 3 / 4  
Salt, governments, beliefs, and celebrity couples are a few examples of things that can be dissolved. You've just been granted the power to dissolve anything: physical, metaphorical, abstract, concrete...you name it. What do you dissolve, and what solvent do you use?

I had a good friend Anne and in high school, it is always important to let somebody have your back and to have your friend's back so that when things get rough, you can guard each other. She stood in front of our history class one day, giving her project and the teacher did not agree with her point and harshly made it known to her. I do not know what happened to me or what I was doing at the moment, but I was greatly overcome by a sense of loyalty. So much so that I made it clear to the teacher that what Anne had said was not wrong, it was just her own opinion about the matter. I got in trouble for it, and even felt bad for having contracted an older person in front of everyone. While serving my detention after school, I could not only help but think of what I had done. I did not think of whether it was wrong or right now, but of how Anne must have felt if no one bothered to give their own opinion as well. She would have felt probably embarrassed or she could have felt empowered, to state her opinion firmly.

I do dislike my teacher for having his own opinion, but I do dislike that he tried to impose his opinion as the right one on his students. So, if I was given the power to dissolve anything in the world, I would choose to dissolve meekness. If everyone in the world had the same opinion about something, it would be the same thing as everyone having different opinions, but not having the courage to make their opinions known. I come from Cameroon in West Africa and Anne comes from Haiti. Our experiences have helped shaped our views and opinions. I may not always share the same opinion as her on a particular topic, but as long as I have a voice to speak out and tell her I disagree, it will not be known.

As my solvent for meekness, if I could I would give everyone a voice. A voice equals a chance to say what one really feels and to make a difference just by given your opinion.

i could not think of a better thing to put as a solvent.kinda long but what do you guys think???
crimsonprotag 2 / 8  
I think you meant to say:

I don't dislike my teacher for having his own opinion,

Also,

Our experiences have helped shape our views and opinions.

A good solvent would be the courage to speak out. It is pretty much the same as your 'voice', but I believe its a slightly better way to put it.

Home / Undergraduate / "my teacher having his own opinion" - meekness vs voice