I am a teacher; University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

tannerscooter 6 / 14 1  
Prompt: Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

Every Sunday morning, my family gets up at 9:00 AM sharp. We get ourselves dressed, fight over who gets to use the bathroom, and then head off to Holy Rosary Catholic Church. Besides my first family, the community that I belong to that is the most important to me is my church family. When I am with them, I always feel loved and accepted.

The church that I am a part of is a very tight-knit community. When we get together, everybody knows who everybody else is and we all know that we can rely on each other. I am sure that I could go to any person in the congregation with a problem and they would be willing to help me.

For my own place within the community, I am a teacher. I go into the church every Sunday and, with 2 other people help to teach kids about God and the Bible. I try to teach them all that I have learned myself so that I may have a positive impact on their future. It fills me with joy every time I am able to teach the children something new. I want to teach kids in order to repay my church community for teaching me so much in my 17 years of life.

My church family is one that has had an everlasting impact on my life. Through teaching the children, I hope to set an example of an outstanding citizen that they can use in their lives.
joah5454 - / 14 2  
Overall a solid essay! You just need to fix the little details. The word "teach" is a bit overused.
And you may want to talk a bit more about your role within the community. Remember that a college essay is about you and what you can bring to the college!

Home / Undergraduate / I am a teacher; University of Michigan-Ann Arbor