'How to be a teacher?' - Essay for Washington university

programmer 6 / 23 2  
I am not a native english speaker, so criticize it and i won't get offended at all! even if you think the experience is not good enough and i have to write about something else, just please let me know, cz the deadline is in 5 days!

I was only seventeen. My friends pushed me. It was the first job interview I was going through. Not to mess up in the interview, I checked up a few sites that gave tips on how to manage a good interview. Finally I got there. There were twenty applicants and three were going to be chosen for teaching position. Most applicants were experienced teachers. I was there to evaluate myself. The thing I wanted the most; was to experience an interview, one that wouldn't matter to me a lot so, later I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in a life changing interview

My mom drove me to the English Institute. The interview went well, I wasn't stressed at all, I was a hundred percent sure that I wasn't the one going to be accepted. Although I waited for them to call me, the call was going to be fourteen days after the interview. I checked my mobile every now and then. Anyone who would call, I would jump and pick my mobile. Finally they called. I was surprised. My friends congratulated me a lot.

After taking a few sessions of a class: How to be a teacher? I went to the class, which I was going to teach for a semester. The class was hot. Air conditioner was not working and one little girl was crying. Her dad told me to take care of her. I was scared. We were told the classes were going to have not more than five students but I had fifteen young students. I first didn't like the kids but, after a while when they hugged me and called me teacher, I felt excited; I gradually fell in love with them.

The term was going to end. It was a flow of parents asking me to teach their kids for the next semester as well. The little girl who cried first session wrote me a letter saying how much she loves me. My boss did not let me teach them, because she thought it's not good that children feel dependent on a teacher, therefore she started teaching them for the next semester. Again, it was a flow of parents to the office, asserting they are not satisfied with the new teacher, who was actually my boss.

Love is the key to success. We are born to make changes. To inform people is my ultimate goal. I am a good teacher, and I'm going to adopt my talent to make poverty, which is caused by nothing but obliviousness, vanish.
TranLePhu 4 / 14 1  
I was only seventeen. My friends pushed me. It was the first job interview I was going through. Not to mess up in the interview, I checked up a few sites that gave tips on how to manage a good interview. Finally I got there.

The first thing I noticed was the "choppiness" of your sentence flow. Although the overall idea of the essay existed, the details, or flow, of this idea from sentence to sentence is a bit disconnect. Try to connect your sentences together more by perhaps using more prepositions, for example? That will make it easier for the reader to follow along with your story as well as not make them irritated grammatically. :)
AzizZ 2 / 24 1  
Hey programmer i seen that you benn helping others in there essay can you take a look at mine and tell me what i need to improve in it please

THank you
OP programmer 6 / 23 2  
Azizz, I am not a native english speaker and I do not find myself qualified enough to judge a native person's essay. But if you need my help, just show me your essay!

Home / Undergraduate / 'How to be a teacher?' - Essay for Washington university