"I want my tears back"; UVA supplement -Music that challenged,unsettled,surprised you?

wuhen 2 / 5 3  
hi, i am looking for your guys advice sincerely.:-) Please do not hesitate to correct and criticize every aspect of my essay, also please suggest suitable conclusions.

i especially wonder 1. whether my essay answer the prompt 2. do some presentations sound werid for i am not a native speaker?
Thanks!

What work of art, music, science, mathematics, or literature has surprised, unsettled, or challenged you, and in what way? 250

Rare music can surprise or investigate me as the song "I want my tears back" of that sleepless night.
It was 1am in the midnight but I was still lucubrating with the Matrix under lamp. I repeatedly said to myself:" Stay awake! Keep mind clear! Aren't you want to be a mathematician? Learn it now! Now!" However, I couldn't withstand my reversibly heavier eyebrows. In the semi-sleep state, I used my last soberness to take out phone to play the metal music list. Metal, containing strong beat and overall loudness, was always the most useful "noise" to wake me up. I want my tears back was no exception and I sobered up quickly. "Wait,tears?back?" after waking, I started to pay attention to the lyric rather than melody. I heard the female vocal retrospect the past sceneric childhood yearningly and the male repeat I want my tears back grieved. Moreover, the song asked 'Where are the sleepless nights I used to live for', a surprising question for me to meditate in such a sleepless night. I had spent numerous sleepless but seldom ask myself why. Just for mathematics or pursuit of endless knowledge? Perhaps not, after long-time thinking, I concluded it was instead all for the young's intellectual passion, for the brilliant or naïve dream to accomplish something, for the dedication and tenacity worth remembering when I got old, not motivated at all, even with tears.

This is how the song surprised me by its lyric content.
Stay awake! Keep mind clear! Aren'tDon't you want to be a mathematician? Learn it now! Now!"

Stay awake! Get mind clear! Don't you want to be a mathematician? Do it now! Now!
Very interesting and I read it in full and enjoyed reading. I like your interpretation... That's quite smart I would say. I feel you've done a very good job.

Good Luck too!

Home / Undergraduate / "I want my tears back"; UVA supplement -Music that challenged,unsettled,surprised you?