Tell us an experience in school or out that taught you something about yourself or the world around

rofiat 1 / 1  
I used to be a shy girl who doesn't believe in herself and never confident. I was used to being on my own with few friends because I was shy to make new friends.so when the time comes to choose a class leader, surprisingly, I was nominated and even voted for the post. I was so surprised because I didn't have a lot of friends and never expected to be voted for. When I asked my friend that nominated me why she did that, she said she just wanted me to lead the class so I would change my behavior and be more open to everyone so she convinced everybody to give me a chance.

Since then I have changed from the typical shy girl to a more confident girl who has led her classmates and also since then, meeting people and making new friends has been part of my hobbies and it felt great.
choyhar2002 5 / 12 1  
Hi ROfiat, some of my view on your writing:

-- I was used to being on my own with few friends because I was shy to make new friends.
you said you were on your own, but what is it with new friend? sounds contradiction?
are you trying to say: I was hardly make new friend and always on my own?.

--so when the time comes to choose a class leader

maybe you can say it in this way : and that was the time to choose a class leader

-- When I asked my friend thatwho nominated me why did she do that

--who has led her classmates
who led the class
KiraArus 2 / 6  
Hi @rofiat, I had the situation like you. In the first day of first semester at university I was debated to be the monitor of my class. At that time I extremely worried about that as I had never been involved in a situation like this before. However, after 3 years later, I realised that the position taught me lots of skills such as confidence, management, problem-resolving among members and so on, and of course as a leader I have more friends than others in my class.
hoangduc241096 2 / 5  
hi,i have some suggestion for you,hope it will be helpful ^^

... who doesn't believe in myself and never feel confident.
So when the time came to choose a class leader...
When I asked my friend that why she did that/why she nominated me , she said she just wanted ...
After that , I had changed from the typical shy girl to a more confident girl who has led her classmates. and also Since then, meeting people and making ...

Home / Undergraduate / Tell us an experience in school or out that taught you something about yourself or the world around