Should we tell when friend cheating exams ?/ ETHICAL DILEMMA

talkatip 1 / -  
What is an Ethical Dilemmas? Ethical dilemmas are what happen when a person is faced with a decision that may press against their personal values or beliefs. "Ethics as a discipline refers to both the study of our values and their justification, the actual values and standards of conduct by which we live" (Freeman, 2000, p. 31).

"Ethical dilemma is a complex situation that will involve conflicts between moral imperatives" (Freeman, 2000). Since I don't have any experience about work, I decide to write about my school life. Which is about one of my best friend. Would you tell if you saw a friend cheating on the exam?

Would I tell if I saw my friend cheating? This is a question without answer from friendship part. Go back to my school life one of my friend, try to cheat on the exam actually she didn't did it alone but with our cooperate that helps her success in cheating. I say like that but I didn't mean we did it with her. I mean because we pretended to ignore what was she doing. And we all know what she did is wrong but we don't even know why we feel sad if we stop her. This is a big dilemma at that time.

Jane was a member of our group. She is an ordinary girl like us. We have been together at first year of our high school life. We were very close and always spend time together. She is a very best friend for everybody in our group. But we figure out that she have some bad habit which is she doesn't like to do upright like everybody and she like to steal some non-valuable things for her pressure. But this never bothers or ruins our friendship. She still good and adorable girl for us. As long as she didn't use her habit with one of our friends.

Jane still good friends for us. Till third year of high school, we decided to try to get to the same university. We study hard and help each other to pass the exam. But because she has a weak on math whatever we did help her seem doesn't matter. She still doesn't understand clearly and not ready for the exam. She was so upset. But we doesn't care even she didn't pass the exam our friendship still be the same. Later. We figured out that she prepare to cheating. She has a lot reason to convince us why she wants to do like that. And finally she did it with our agreed. She's been cheating on about all the math tests this semester. Either writing answers on her arm or a little cheat cheat on her lap. We all pass the exam and study together. I don't know if I should tell on her because it will ruin her chance to go to a good university with us. And we already leave what she did behind. But she didn't stop only that exam. She keeps doing it. We try to warn her but she said this is the best way for her. So we ignore it again and again. Until one day, the last exam she got cough and expel from the university. We feel so horrible. We complain ourselves, if we try hard to stop her at first. Its not going to end up likes this.

Ethics dilemma can sometimes be hard to determine what is right and what is wrong, but in this case my friend knew that what she was doing was wrong in the eyes of the school and should not have been taking advantage of this point to get pass on the exam. I also think even school couldn't know that she cheating to pass the exam but in real life how can she cheating her life. Just think of how good we may feel and the wonderful deed we will do if we could convince her to study together harder with us and show her how to study and learn something concrete for her future (so we could get her on the right track)! we would have a friend for eternity! But, why we still let her do it?
This is a question without answer from friendship part

This is the question that I had me entangled between friendship and ethics.

Go back to my school life one of my friends , try to cheat on the exam actually she didn't diddo it alone but with our cooperatassistancethat helps her success in cheating .

Back in my schooldays, one of my friends cheated at the exam with our fullest cooperation.

. I say like that but I didn't mean we did it with her.

I don't mean that we too did cheat like her.

I mean because we pretended to ignore what was she doing.

However, we pretended that we didn't see what she was doing and indirectly encouraged her to commit that wrongful act.

Home / Undergraduate / Should we tell when friend cheating exams ?/ ETHICAL DILEMMA