Tell us about Spiders. University of Richmond Supplement.

dakey96 2 / 2  
William Cowper said, "There is in souls a sympathy with sounds; And as the mind is pitched the ear is pleased with melting airs, or a martial, brisk or grave; Some chords in unison with what we hear is touched within us, and the heart replies." Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to my heart. It is my dream to have a solid musical career that seeks to affect positively the lives of other people who want to develop their musical potentials. My dad taught me to play the keyboard at the age of nine. Following that was personal practice, researching into my dad's music books and occasionally tapping into the knowledge of other keyboardists I knew. I have no theoretical background or a formal education in music.

In Ghana, Music has been cut from the school budget in most Senior High and Junior High Schools. I was fortunate to have been taught how to play the Keyboard by my dad at an early age of nine. However, it is very sad many young ones who could have discovered their musical talents through the school system are simply unable to do so. Not all policy makers and school authorities understand and appreciate the value of music in Ghana. Hence they do not realize the need to allocate funds to promote Music Education in the country. For me, I believe in little things that have the potential of becoming big. In my small way, I will take the bold initiative to express interest in inculcating music education into the curriculum at local schools in my community. This will include, organizing musical workshops, musical events or fund-raising or better still offer an after-school music program. I believe such a kind gesture will go a long way to expose the talents and ignite the passions and interests in these young ones. I am very optimistic as the children nurture their found talents through this voluntary service, authorities will begin to realize the importance of music even on the child, and as much as possible allocate funds to ensure the continued success of this program. I believe hard work and dedication to this vision could change the entire perception of the people of Ghana about music. It is said that "Little drops of water make a mighty ocean."

University of Richmond is a community I believe will help me realize this dream I have. The commitment of Richmond to undergraduate research is worth mentioning. Research forms a major part of solving today's problems. Taking advantage of the undergraduate research opportunities will help me refine my career goals and learn how to balance collaborative and individual work. My goals, as I mentioned early on, is one that requires interdisciplinary knowledge to help tackle the problem. I will take minor courses in Psychology, Computer Science and English to complement the Music Education I will receive at Richmond. Leadership is not a calling; it's a way of life. Leadership plays many roles in ensuring the realization of goals of a group of people. I will take advantage of the Leadership school at Richmond to hone the skills I already have as a Deputy Director and Keyboardist for the Tema Youth Choir, Ghana. In addition to harnessing my leadership qualities and bringing to bear African composers, I will start a choral group on campus with the aim of showcasing the African culture through songs of African ensemble.

Richmond is a challenging community and I am ready to dedicate my heart and brain to it. I look forward to brainstorming and harnessing my creativity on campus as I push boundaries and deal with unexpected changes.
brayan1996 17 / 34 5  
Hi @ dakey96, Below you may find some of the advice I have given you in light of what you have provided in your essay

... poetic things to my heart. For this reason, music is my dream. to have a solid musical career that seeks to affect positively the lives of other people who want to develop their musical potentials.

... tapping into the knowledge of otherfamous keyboardists. I knew. I have no theoretical background or a formal education in music .

Try to include a sentence or two about how being self taught ( Your dad may have taught you the rudimentary tools for success, but the rest was you. That's what practice is, making sure one continues to learn) made you grow and develop as a person.For first paragraph only.

... school budget in most Senior High and Junior High Schools.

However, it is very sad to see how others could have discovered this same passion through the school system yet were not able to do so.many young ones who could have discovered their musical talents through the school system are simply unable to do so. Not all policy makers and ...

... will help me realize this dream I have .
Research forms a major part of solving today's problems.

My goals, as mentioned beforeI mentioned early on , is one that requires ...

... I am ready to dedicate my heart and brainsoul to it.
... push boundaries and deal with unexpected changeschallenges .
@ dakey96
profes 3 / 9  
How does this relate to the topic "Tell us about spiders"? Your essay is a little bit off topic.

Home / Undergraduate / Tell us about Spiders. University of Richmond Supplement.