Temple University Undergradute Admission Application Essay - Undecided Major

wootsie143 1 / 1  
Any suggestions/corrections would be appreciated!

Please tell us more about yourself. Relate one or more experiences or circumstances that have contributed to your personal and/or academic development. If you have been out of school for a year or longer, please discuss your activities during that period of time.

Growing up, most of my friends had a mother and a father and often brothers and/or sisters. Many of them had big families with uncles and aunts, grandparents, cousins, etc. living nearby along with their immediate families. In my family, that was not the case. Although my parents intended on having more than one child, my mother started chemotherapy when I was three years old and could not have any more children until her chemotherapy treatments were completed. Unfortunately, when I was six years old before my mother completed her chemotherapy, my father passed away unexpectedly. This was the beginning of a long journey for us. From that point on, it was just my mother and me. She encouraged me to experience as many different activities as I could. This included dancing for thirteen years, cheerleading for nine years and playing the flute and piano. With all of these activities I have always had a very full schedule. My mother works fulltime which has often left me with the responsibility of doing well in school on my own. At times, this situation was difficult. However, from this I have learned to be extremely independent. I am currently cheering for an all-star competitive gym and am interested in becoming a Temple Owl Cheerleader. I have always been able to manage my many activities along with my studies and am confident that this attribute will continue. My mother also felt it was important that I be exposed to different cultures throughout the world. As such, our "family vacations" were not your typical week at the Jersey Shore. One of my most memorable trips was at the age of seven to the Dominican Republic. I recall getting out of our guide's jeep in a remote village where we were greeted by many children. I had not yet learned Spanish and questioned our guide why some of the children were pointing and staring at me. He explained that the children were asking what was wrong with my eyes as they had never seen someone with blue eyes before. It was at this point I realized how diverse different cultures can be. Our travels have also led us to various countries in Europe and South America. These experiences have sparked an interest in having a summer semester studying abroad which is yet another reason why I want to attend Temple University. My mother would have liked to attend college after graduating high school, because of the financial situation with her and her mother, it was not possible. For as long as I can remember, she stressed just how important it was for me to do my best throughout high school so that I could attend the college of my choice and pursue the career of my dreams. Although I have not decided exactly what career that is yet, after researching and visiting various universities and colleges I feel that what Temple University has to offer me would be the best choice possible. The wide variety of studies offered by Temple University, its location in the City of Philadelphia as well as the Study Abroad Programs, I know whatever career I do ultimately decide upon, Temple University will provide me with the best opportunity to pursue that career.
EitanGold 1 / 3  
I think you did a good job..
Im not vary good a righting essays but think anything some one rights should give the reader an emotion. after reading it i felt happy that you went lost and that you were motivated.

The essay did its job

Home / Undergraduate / Temple University Undergradute Admission Application Essay - Undecided Major