'Tetris' - Stanford Roommate

tgf808 1 / 2  
Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better.

feedback please!

To My Future Roomie:
Have you ever played Tetris? Each piece has a different shape, yet they can all fit together, just like a puzzle. Sometimes you might put a piece in the wrong spot, but by manipulating the other pieces, you can clear those mistakes.

Life is a game of Tetris and college is just one of the pieces I need to make that puzzle fit together. As you might be able to tell and you're surely going to find out later, I love playing Tetris. Aside from giving me the occasional brain stimulation I need, it takes me away from the stresses of life. I tend to be analytical and over-think things sometimes, but I am more than capable of taking whatever is thrown at me and using it strategically to better myself. No matter what piece I'm given in Tetris, I never give up and my persistence continues into the real world. My hard work and strive for excellence has always paid off.

I consider my family the "I" piece of Tetris. When the lines accumulate, the "I" piece can clear them with ease. Similarly, when I have problems that build up, I know my family will be there to erase them. If you ever watched Lilo and Stitch, you might have heard the phrase, "ʻOhana means family, and family means no one gets left behind." Being from Hawai'i, this rings true and I depend on the family I was born into as well as the additional family I have befriended over my years in high school to support me. I hope that with all the time we will spend together, you too will become a part of my ʻohana.

Aloha,
priscillaaa 1 / 29  
Your essay begins in a very unconventional way-- I like that.

If you ever watched Lilo and Stitch

"If you have ever watched"

this rings true and I depend on the family I was born into as well as the additional family I have befriended over my years in high school to support me.

maybe you should break up the clauses in this sentence so your meaning can be better understood? I had to read it twice :)
I love how you let your Hawaiian heritage shine through in this.

I would appreciate if you could critique my essay as well..thanks (:
kevinyslin 2 / 4  
Life is like a game of Tetris

really creative, its something that surely stands out
love the way you blend a game with your life

can you review mine too, thanks =)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Tetris' - Stanford Roommate