How do you think you can contribute to this school? (answering this question)

LydiaTian 1 / -  
Hi Guys,
I am trying to apply for my secondary school, but I don't know how to reply to their question.
Question: How do you think you can contribute to this school.

This is a bit about myself...
I have leadership, confidence and I adapt well to new environments easily and comfortably. When I set myself to a task, I will complete it no matter what challenges I face.

Please help me.
carsonleeallen 3 / 4  
Do some free writing and brain storming on the subject. Make a formal outline and stick to it.

What, are you expecting someone to write your essay for you?
landon_naylor 2 / 2  
Make an interesting opening paragraph with a good thesis statement.

In the body of your essay, write about times in your life when you've shown leadership, confidence, and the ability to easily adapt to changes.

Think of all the points you tried to make about your leadership skills, confidence, etc.. and restate them in your closing paragraph. Then complete your essay with a good closing sentence.

Now you have a very bare outline; it's up to you to flesh it out. You'll do great!
Great advice, here, friends! I want to add something about "running for office."

In order to do this well, pretend you are running for office. People will only vote for you if you have a great plan. No plan, no success.

So, what will you do during your time at the school? What is important to you? If I enrolled, I would contribute by getting involved with the writers group (or starting one if they do not have one).

What will you do? The most deserving students are the ones with a clear plan that is complete with many short term goals... specific goals. :-)
ANJ 1 / 3 1  
Merged:

If you are awarded this Scholarship, how will you contribute?

If you are awarded a X scholarship, how will you contribute to the X Scholarship program and our community of X Scholars? (100 word maximum)

Can anyone give me an idea on how to write this essay? It is a scholarship application essay. I am not exactly sure what I can write with such a small word limit. It a pretty competitive scholarship.
You have to think about what makes you special as a student. What leadership traits or influential personality do you have that would add to the color of the scholarship program? Consider your intellectual skills that may heighten the profile of the program in relation to your participation? Think of what makes you unique academically and then explain why you believe that this trait will help the scholarship program go up another notch in terms of participant quality.

As for how the scholarship community might benefit from your participation. Consider how you plan to further your career after you have completed the program. Would you continue to participate in the scholarship world as an alumna? How do you plan to help make the scholarship more well known in ther academic community and among possible incoming scholars? Would you be open to collaborating with a new batch of scholars and those who were part of the scholarship before you? What is your plan to achieve this?

You have a 100 word limit so make sure to use only 2 sentences per topic. Write no more than 50 words for each response. It does not need to be complex. It just needs to be a simple idea or thought projection. Direct topic sentences with a simple explanation can help you achieve that.
blueberrydish 1 / 1 1  
Think of some good contributions you have made in your life - whether personal or in school - that you can use as examples of the skills you have listed. It is always better to have an example to back up your claim. For example, if you want to say that you are very determined ("When I set myself to a task, I will complete it no matter what challenges I face"), you should have an example of a past experience where you had to complete a task that was challenging in some way, and how you overcame the challenge to complete the task. I would be very hesitant to list any skills or attributes without an example or experience that shows this skill or attribute. In fact, it may be best to work backwards from your previous positive contributions in order to come up with your positive skills & attributes. By this I mean, if you once helped to organise a charity bake-sale under intense time pressure, you can reasonably infer from this experience that you are a charitable person with good organisation skills and that you work well under pressure.

Home / Essays / How do you think you can contribute to this school? (answering this question)