Think Economics - help me with my personal statement

benjaminxiao01 1 / -  
I need so help with my personal statement. Please help!!

Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source. (250-650 words)

During the first lecture of Economics class in my life, the professor told the us that Economics is not rocket science. To me, Economics is more significant than the rocket science because I understand the importance of Economics which related to the lifeline of national development and human behaviors in the market due to the scarce resources.I have a strong interest in business, entrepreneurship and marketing management, and Economics sits the at the heart of each and everyone of these fields.

I had opportunities to study human behaviors as I worked at a ice cream shop during my junior year. Before I have the experience on store operation, I did not know the meaning of different way of thinking for Economics, which the professor mentioned in class. The term of Choices perfectly expresses the use of different way of thinking. In Economics logic, people do not make a choice unless they sacrifice other choices they would had chosen. Even though nobody came in the store, the owner still has to keep the lights and machines operating and workers standing by in order to serve the next consumer before they start to complain or leave. Choices implied opportunity cost; the owner choose to spend part of their profit to make the consumers feel like home since the owner want to gain a unique impression by consumers. As I understand deeply in store operations, more unique terms in Economics make sense to me. I found myself drawn in the economic world because Economics taught me how to take advantage of using the other perspective to analyze all kinds of different things in the world. Since Economics can be applied in everywhere around me, studying Economics is a way to understand the world better and improve myself. Comparing to other social science, the logical way of thinking in Economics is not guaranteed to be the most efficient, but it makes my thinking more rational, more leisurely.

When I finished my introductory economics course last fall, I soon realized that Laney College does not offer the exact major I hope to pursue. University of San Diego stands out for me because the economics program perfectly matches my academic interests and professional goals. Further more, there are only two instructors in the Laney College Economics department. Therefore, I want to transfer to University of San Diego to keep myself open-minded . At the University of San Diego, the classroom capacity is relativity low, which gives instructors time and ability to focus on students and the lectures. I strongly believe that would improve the qualities of the lecture and develop a better academic environment for every student.
Mr pitbull - / 1  
In the whole essay I liked this part " the logical way of thinking in Economics is not guaranteed to be the most efficient, but it makes my thinking more rational, more leisurely." This expression shows your passion for economics.

I can't understand how "having only two instructors in the Laney College Economics department. " can be a cause transfer to University of San Diego. Just make it more precise that why you think you deserve to be at the University of San Diego. Write it allow the admission team to read it.

Your starting is very interesting, and your reference to rocket science make it unique. I would suggest that you must cut and make short your work at a ice cream shop . In the essay the only part is here that does not make sense. I didn't like the example. If you have any better example that can clearly show your meaning then write it or make that above example shorter and strienghtforward

Home / Undergraduate / Think Economics - help me with my personal statement