"I thought I was a North Korean" - Northwestern, Why NU

issallme5 2 / 35  
hi everyone...please help me see if there's enough content, grammer mistake, and a possible ending. i haven't finished it actually . thanks

Why northwestern?

When I was young, I thought I was a North Korean; I was utterly confused about the geographic split between North and South Korea. Yet growing up in the only nation still split over civil war, I gradually opened my eyes to the complicated, yet fascinating international relationship between the two nations. I desired to understand all the wars and political conflicts around me. As of now, my knowledge of international relations is lacking, but I want to delve into it from all aspects, be it political, economical, psychological, or cultural in Northwestern University.

Northwestern University has the quarter system, which will give me the opportunity to delve into international relations from different aspects as I had hoped. It will allow me to take more classes and build a solid foundation. The flexibility will allow me to experiment and explore eclectic classes. Moreover, the Weinberg College supports various internships and research. I was very impressed that the Weinberg College prepares its students majoring in International Studies for rare internship positions like The Coalition to Reduce Nuclear Dangers or The International Legal Resource run by the United Nations. And I was riveted by the astounding research opportunities. I know for sure that not many colleges provide research opportunities like participating in the International Student Symposium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution in The Hague, Netherland. With world-renowned professors and supporting staff, I know the Weinberg College will help me reach my dream of working in non-governmental organizations.

In my excitement for the academic opportunities, I visited the Northwestern University campus. I can still hear the thundering roar of the Wildcats. I have never felt so much energy and school pride from a student body. I felt the dynamic and creative atmosphere around the campus. The Rock clearly was a canvas for student's opinion and creativity- the proof of the freedom and respect granted to its students.
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
ugadm.northwestern.edu/apply/application-deadlines-and-options.html

Here the school website says it is due the first and on common app says that it is due the first. However; on another part of the website you are correct they do say the second they are kinda giving off mixed signals here for which date they want the actual application in by.
monkeymaze 7 / 15  
Really Good Essay. I liked how you specifically pinpointed the major parts of Northwestern that seem interesting to you. Also, The deadline is Jan 2. Don't worry.

"Northwestern's regular decision deadline is January 2."- according to their website and voicemail
OP issallme5 2 / 35  
Alright thanks guys :) I completely panicked for a minute. The common app said that i was only able to apply for spring regular decision, but I'm going to call/email them to please switch it over.

hope everything works out. Thanks everyone.

Home / Undergraduate / "I thought I was a North Korean" - Northwestern, Why NU