For a thousand pages or so, Cervantes held me captive: book prompt

grcpark7 6 / 42 16  
List the books (if any) you've read this year for pleasure. Choose one and in a sentence describe its impact on you.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley; Don Quijote de la Mancha, by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra; Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad; Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell; Frankenstein by Mary Shelley; Lord of the Flies by William Golding; The Moviegoer by Walker Percy; The Parliament of Whores by P.J. O'Rourke; The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald; The Stranger by Albert Camus;

For a thousand pages or so, Cervantes held me captive with his silly romantics as he slowly stripped away all the illusions and ostentation, proving that there is more to reality than what we see from the outer surface; when don Quijote, an old hidalgo who spent only about 0.8% of his life in his right mind, finally realized that his fantasy world was just a fabrication of his imagination, I couldn't help but weep.

**So...does it feel to you guys that I just crammed a bunch of fluff in one sentence? Let me know!:) thanks a lot.
LunarEclipse 3 / 5 3  
You're answer is nicely constructed, but i felt like you talked more about what the book is about than about how it impacted YOU. You said he captivated you with his silly romantics but why and how? The same for you weeping, why and how did his experience affect you.

Home / Undergraduate / For a thousand pages or so, Cervantes held me captive: book prompt