what are the threats technology has imposed on modern life?

yuvly 4 / 11  
technology has become an integrant part of our lives today.with it's advent people have been able to evolve economically and socially.and it has proved to be beneficial to the human.Yet, because the technology is being misused by certain people,technology has a negative impact on modern life.

the internet is the widely used technology as it has allowed the world to become a global village.People can communicate with each other over long distances.Also, thid technology has provided a variety of facilities for e.g. information can easily be shared onlune,e-learning and telecommuting can be done.Yet again, people do misuse this technology.For instance,private and confidential informations can be divulged on forums or in chatrooms.

moreover,there is no control over the proliferation of information on the internet thus people can be negatively influenced for e.g by pornographic materials or teenagers may be victims of pedophiles or cyber-bullying.

the television is another basic technology which has nagative impacts on the modern life.The young generation are influenced by the serials and other programmes which have totally changed their mindset,opinions and morals.since we are more exposed to western cultures,the youths try to adopt the same lifestyles which does impacts on the cultural heritage of our country.

indeed technology has made life easier;house chores can be done with appliances;people live more comfortably but all these contribute to make us live a sedenatry life.people no longer practise physical activities.it is predicted that children born in the year 2000 and beyong might have a short lifespan of 20 -30 years.

**what other points can i add please??
s61001234 7 / 14  
You can add

Technology can isolate people
For example, though facebook facilitates us to communicate with our friends all over the world. However, many teens are too absorbed in facebook and they gradually lose how to interact with people face to face. Moreover, the quality of family time has been undermined because technology fasten the pace of our lives, and we have more work to do. For instance, at dinner time, a husband may be talking to his boss on his cellphone while children are texting to their friends.

Next, though technology brings us unprecedented convenieces, it has also jeopardize our environment . Global warming, climate changes, greenhouse effects are just some examples of how we treated our mother earth. Not to mention, the increase usage of chemical synthesized materials contains toxins that infiltrate our fragile body.

Hope these work

Home / Undergraduate / what are the threats technology has imposed on modern life?