Three qualities I look for in a friend are honesty, participation, and respect.

Zubaida 18 / 34  
Write three paragraphs beginning with the sentence: "Three qualities I look for in a friend are ________, ________, and _____________. " Each paragraph will develop briefly each of the three qualities you identify in this opening sentence.

note: my friend would be a girl, so I use the pronouns she and her...

Who is my Friend?

Honesty is the baseline for all healthy friendships. An honest friend is always with me in all my chosen paths and helps me when I need. She is as a clear mirror and prepared to advise me, whether I'm right or wrong. When I'm right, she supports me. When I 'm wrong, she stops me and tells me the truth. She always remembers me with nice memories and never backbites me or allows anyone to do. Honesty protects friends from gossips said about them and keeps the friendship strong and lasts forever.

The second quality I like in my friend is participation. Friendship usually dies if it depends only on fun and entertainment. Friends should practice works together to get fun and benefit. For example, studying for a test is beneficial and enjoyable at the same time. Swimming in a sunny day is a funny sport that leaves nice feelings in friends' hearts. Going to lunch with friends or walking in the park refresh emotions and give hearts power to confront life problems. Friends know each other more than before, deepen the friendship, and improve their personalities as they participate something together.

Finally, respect between friends is an important quality that reinforces friendship. Friends should recognize the differences between them allowing each to be her own person. Appreciating the other's values builds the friendship strongly. It is indeed not the similarities that bind friends together, but it is their ability to accept their differences and to be able to expect mutual affection from each other. Respect develops a level of trust between friends and once that is established, they can like each other and share personal thoughts and secrets.
EdCho 4 / 9  
first of all.. are you sending this to universities??

i heard that readers do not like each paragraph starting with first, second, and finally although its not a huge problem

hmm i cant really leave some comments cuz if its for university.. i think u need little more sophisticated words and sentences

but overall, the content looks not bad!
Honesty is the baseline for all healthy friendships. An honest friend is always with me in all my chosen paths and helps me when necessary.

She is as a clear mirror and someone prepared to advise me, whether I'm right or wrong.

When I'm right, she supports me. When I 'm wrong, she stops me and tells me the truth. She always remembers me with nice memories and never backbites me or allows anyone to deceive me.

Friends should practice working together to get fun and benefit.

This is very good!! I'm impressed... do you have questions about any of the corrections?

Home / Undergraduate / Three qualities I look for in a friend are honesty, participation, and respect.