'a three year intensive science research course' - Union College

nbasghar 2 / 3  
Essay Question: At Union, a liberal arts education includes interdisciplinary study, undergraduate research, opportunities for international study and involvement in Minerva Houses. Why is Union a good fit for you?

I need 250 words whereas this essay has 281 words: PLEASE HELP!!! And please give your opinion about the essay.

Out of all the countless options that Union College offers, undergraduate research is one opportunity that stands out the most for me. Ever since sophomore year of high school, I have been involved in a three year intensive science research course. Even though I faced many obstacles in this course, I know that my ability in overcoming everyone of these barriers has helped me gain a better understanding of the research world. Researching doesn't involve making a prediction and finding its answer in a week or two. It involves countless hours, even years, of research. Knowing that I would be kicked out of this course if I didn't find a mentor within the first six months of the course, I knew I had an obstacle ahead of me. Thus it was a research of its own in finding a mentor to work with. I spent countless hours researching possible mentors, reading their journal articles, e-mailing them, and if rejected starting all over again. At one of my mentor meeting, Dr. DalCol, whom I had never contacted before, said to me "so you are the girl who has been contacting all the local cardiac surgeons to be your mentor, right? You never give up now do you? That's good." While being in this course not only have I finished one required research, I have gone ahead and started another one at the Cardiovascular Center at Albany Medical Center because of the love for research that I have grown while being in this course. I know that the undergraduate research opportunity at Union College will provide me not with the same but better research opportunities than the ones I have grown to love.
Out Of all the countless options that Union College offers, undergraduate research is one opportunity that stands out the most for me.

Ever Since sophomore year of high school, I've have been involved in a three year intensive science research course.

Even Though I faced many obstacles in this course, I know that my ability in overcoming every one ---Sorry, but this is two words! I hated to do that, seeing I'm looking for words to cut!

Knowing that I would be kicked out of this course if I didn't find a mentor within the first six months, of the course, I knew Isure had an obstacle ahead of me.

At one of my mentor meetings , Dr. DalCol, whom I had never contacted before , said to me ...

While being in this course, not only have I finished one required research,...

I know that the undergraduate research opportunity at Union College will provide me not with the same buteven better research opportunities than the ones I have grown to love.

Here you go! I cut all I could, so it's down by 18 or 19 words.

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'a three year intensive science research course' - Union College