"Tied with nature, economics programs" -Why Hamilton? Hamilton's supplement essay

LedTheZeppelin 2 / 2  
Guys, can you please tell me how this supplement essay is?

In my college search, my first criterion for colleges was the institution's area. I remember dismissing many colleges for having a small area, as a small area meant less nature. I was in search of a college which had an inextricable tie with nature. After spending countless hours in the search for a college that matched my description, I came across Hamilton College. The 1300 acre college instantly became my favorite. Its strong exposure to nature has led me to believe that I have finally found the college of my choice.

I am particularly drawn to Hamilton's strong emphasis on recycling and its attempts to conserve the environment. In Kathmandu, no one takes the job of conserving nature and the environment seriously. I feel that the people here perceive picking up litter from the street to be some kind of taboo. Such a vast majority of the people ignore the conservation of the environment to the point where a single person's attempt is simply futile. The charisma of environmental conservation has magnetized me since I was a young boy, but due to such social restrictions, I haven't been able to actively engage in protecting and conserving the environment. But I believe that through Hamilton, my call of environmental conservation definitely won't go unanswered.

Apart from Hamilton's affiliation with nature, its low teacher student ratio and the recently renovated state of the art science facility is inviting. Its Economics program is also one of the best in America. I also admire Hamilton's emphasis on writing. I love to write and am looking forward to sharpening my writing skills at Hamilton.

No matter how clichéd "Unity in diversity" sounds, it appeals a lot to me, and with Hamilton, I have the opportunity to be exposed to a diverse student body. I will be able to share views and experiences with a diverse assortment of people from different corners of the world.

Academics aside, the admission staff has always been obliging in answering my questions. Through my numerous email correspondences with the admissions staff, I have had a glimpse of the Hamilton family, which I know will be with me every step along the way.

It's very unfortunate that I cannot visit Hamilton, but I have no doubt that it will be a home away from home. I believe I can make a difference through Hamilton, and I hope to be a part of its already perfect family.
In my search for the perfect college , my first criterion for colleges was the institution's area.

I remember dismissing many colleges for having a small area, as a small area meant less nature. ---I would scrap this sentence, you don't need it.

After spending countless hours in the search for a college that matched my ideal , I came across Hamilton College.

I am particularly drawn to Hamilton, due to their strong emphasis on recycling and its attempts to conserve the environment.

The charisma of environmental conservation has intrigued me since I was a young boy, but due to such social restrictions, I haven't been able to actively engage in protecting and conserving the environment.

But I believe that through Hamilton, my desire to study environmental conservation definitely won't go unanswered.

I love to write and am looking forward to sharpening my writing skills at Hamilton.---You're very good at it already, they'll be lucky to have you as a student.

Academics aside, the admissions staff has always been obliging in answering my questions.

Home / Undergraduate / "Tied with nature, economics programs" -Why Hamilton? Hamilton's supplement essay