A time I exhibited an exemplary leadership within a group and its impacts.

Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
Please, This essay is due for submission on March 18.

I need a constructive criticisim . Does my essay answer the question. What are the cliches? Thanks in anticipation for your asistance

Tell us about a time you exhibited exemplary leadership within a group. How did your leadership affect the development and dynamic of your group? (Limited to 500 words)

My leadership Experience

Effective leadership is an influential tool with benefits not limited to the ascertainment of a specific goal but in addition, inspires people to dream more, do more and become more. It is an engine that drives eminent changes and economic development in a society. From experience, I have learned the success of a group can not be attained through the single effort of a leader, but in a joint and committed effort of every member. To ensure the commitment of members and the continued success of a team, the mantle to lead comes with greater responsibilities and challenges. The role of leadership compels a leader to possess and showcase a level of professionalism and moral principles to enhance growth of a team.

Self-motivation, creativity, confidence, a good sense of sound judgment, and respect are the skills and values I have exercised in my position as the president of the Rotaract Club during my studies at Voorhees College. The Rotaract club, an affiliation of the Rotary International, is a humanitarian organization that strives to enhance societal development through community services. During my tenure, I ensured that all members were treated with dignity and respect and exercised same and equal rights and opportunities in our affairs. At the end of each academic semester, we always had a final meeting in which every member had an opportunity to make remarks and also hatch their valued opinions on areas and positions on the team that needed improvement. Though conflict may grow at times, we strived within our powers to resolve our issues fairly and amicably. With every member entitled to equal rights and just treatment, we impacted ourselves to execute our vision effectively by developing a strong solidarity and commitment in growing as a team.

Being a team, our visions were to enhance a more safe and healthy environment and to reduce the rate of teenage dropout in Denmark in South Carolina. I assisted in spurring the implementation of these goals by inspiring them through the stories and experiences of how I became a victim of economic adversity and war crisis caused of ignorance, during my childhood days in Nigeria, and how it my paramount aim to ensure that no child experience similar conditions since its long lasting impacts. With the zeal to improve the health standard in Denmark community, we initiated the idea of engaging in biweekly sanitation activities in different locations through an "Adopt a High way" program. A week before the execution of each sanitation activity, I ensured that reminders were sent out on daily basis in college webmail and page on social networks to publicize the project. Although a small number of students turned in the commencement of this project, our sustained commitment inspired other students and inhabitants to see our vision and join our crusade for change. Our committed efforts influenced the inhabitants to comply weekly with civic duty to promote a clean environment.

In addition, we implemented a "Reach One, Teach One project" in the Denmark Olar High School as a way to help increase student's retention and graduation from high school. This project, which was held on alternate Saturdays, offered high school students an opportunity to participate in various scientific projects, tutoring and other mentoring activities. Though their participation in this program, students developed a passion in science areas, improved academically and mentally, and nurtured a passion to pursue career studies in universities. As a team, we became more motivated to continue in advocacy for change on seeing the impacts of our works and how the inhabitants of the community became really appreciative of our efforts.

In conclusion, as a team, we served as role models and mentors to each other, nurtured the aspirations of every member, and gained the benefits of true commitment. Our positive interactions helped in sustaining a healthy relationship amongst members, promoted a shared commitment, and instilled in every member the conviction and will to serve.
censem 2 / 2  
the essay asks you to share your experience as a leader. the points include how did you establish your leader status? how did you influence your group? how did you deal with different opinions in your group?...

there are too much "I" in your essay. i think you'd better place "we" and "our group" at the first place :)
OP Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
Thanks censem, I have taken notes of this correction and will apply them in refining my essay. I will post the redrafted one in a moment and also read yours. Thanks for your assistance.

Home / Undergraduate / A time I exhibited an exemplary leadership within a group and its impacts.