"Time to Hit the Shower" - general question to common assay application

psarno 1 / -  
Time to Hit the Shower

Achieving goals plays a major importance in my life. Being a lacrosse player I am used to tossing a ball in the air to score a goal. I find myself off the field still tossing many balls in the air to achieve my goals. There's the academic ball, the athletic ball, the family ball, and the community service ball. All of these balls are constantly in motion preparing me for the next goal. In order to sort out all my juggling, I retreat to the shower to review my goals. I do my best planning and thinking about my goals in the shower. Although my older brother instigates me, my dad gives me work to do, and my mom just asks too many questions, it is not because I am hiding from my family. Of course my family never understands why I take so long in the shower. This is my time to be alone and reflect on my plans and strategy.

I have long term goals like graduating from college and becoming an engineer, but the goals I focus on now are my daily goals. In my room I have a list of goals taped to my mirror that I read every morning and night while getting dressed. For example, getting a 93 on my physics test, studying for calculus, or winning a lacrosse game. These are not unrealistic goals; they are goals that I should be able to achieve.

The first day of my senior year, I reflected on what goals I have accomplished so far in high school. Did I meet my expectations? When I entered high school I had to write a letter to myself describing what I wanted to accomplish in the four years. I look back on this letter and am proud to say I have achieved my goals. I maintained honor roll status throughout high school. I played both football and lacrosse for the first time and excelled in both sports. I always found time to spend with my family. In addition, I spent much time in the community hoping to make a difference. I coached different basketball teams and helped children develop their skills and improve their game. I also helped with various charities such as running a toy drive, collecting items for a women's shelter, and cooking for people with AIDS.

Although I will miss my high school days and my family, I am prepared to achieve my next set of goals. I hope to challenge myself academically, participate in college athletics, and continue community service. As I continue to plan and strategize I hope to achieve these next set of goals in college.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Well, this essay shows that you are a well-rounded goal-oriented person - who strives and achieves what you set out to do. I guess you can write more about why engineering etc. but that can be covered in another essay I hope as well as why you want to go to the particular uni etc.

Good luck, psarno!!

Home / Undergraduate / "Time to Hit the Shower" - general question to common assay application