'times change, people come and go' UW Madison Application - unnoticed but important to you

BallinOut 1 / -  
Statement:

Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you.

From day to day, times change, people come and go. Your friends won't always be there to support you, not even your best friends. You begin to think that they know you better than anyone else. But what about the people that raised you, your parents? Many tend to forget about their parents as they grow older, they start drifting away from them, growing farther and farther apart each day.

Before you know it, it comes time to move out. You finally feel free, no more chores on mom and dad's time; forget it, no more chores at all. But now your place is dirty, you thought your mess would just suddenly disappear like it used to, at your parents' house. You begin to realize that you took your parents for granted, you often overlooked all the little things they had done to help you. Most parents support you more than anyone else ever has; many people fail to realize that. They sacrificed eighteen years of their lives to raise you. Drove you around, to all of your sporting events and activities as a child. Put food on the table and provided a nice warm place to stay every night.

At times, you don't want anything to do with your parents, we all get that feeling. Many arguments probably broke out, over little things and possibly big things. The idea of moving out became wishful thinking. The thought of hate would pop into your head, but in the end, no one loves you more than your parents do. They will always be there for you no matter what. That love and support often goes unnoticed, as do many things in the human beings mind. As you grow older and start to have children of your own, you will then truly realize how big of an impact a parent can make.

My parents have put so much time and effort into helping me become the person I am today; I would do anything for them. They have done many things, some of which I won't ever be able to repay them for. I am very thankful that I am able to say that and I hope one day my child will be able to say that same thing; which is why parents are a blessing in disguise.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

Is that it your parents who's gone unnoticed in your life... You really don't touch on that aspect. Instead you talk about their sacrifices and the role they play in one's future. However, you do not link your writing with the prompt. I feel you need to talk about a personal experience that you feel going unnoticed. If it's your parents, tell how it has happened with you and talk about why you think it's important.

Home / Undergraduate / 'times change, people come and go' UW Madison Application - unnoticed but important to you