"I CAN is a 100 times more important than IQ" -tell us more about yourself

imcool 1 / -  
hey everyone! im not sure how to answer this question:

Additional Information In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF questions, please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like us to know when we review your application. Please make sure to complete all sections of the AIF before submitting this page. (900 character limit, including spaces)

this is what i jotted down, but im not sure if it answers the question or if it shows my personality. Any suggestions?

"I CAN is a 100 times more important than IQ" (anonymous) is a quote that really embodies who I am & my personality. I believe that as long as I believe in myself & work hard for it, then I CAN and WILL achieve it regardless of my knowledge. The reason why I decided to take grade 10 courses in grade 9, or grade 11 courses in grade 10 or grade 12 courses in 11 is because I like challenging myself. The reason why I learned how to play various sports or the piano is because someone once told me that I couldn't I am the type of student who is willing to put in a hundred and ten percent into not only my studies but everything I do. I am the type of person that is willing to stay up all night helping her friend find her keys or the girl who will wake up anytime to get her mother a glass of water. I am the type of person who will sign up for 2 different volunteer works on the same day even though she has a major test the next day. I am the type of person that person who will stay up all night to finish her homework or project until it's perfect. I am the type of person who will never give up. I am responsible and self-motivated to strive higher & strive for excellence.

thanks in advance
stooks 3 / 6  
I think this is how i would have answered the question as well. The only problem I see right now is the repetition of "i am" . . .I am the type of student who is willing to put in a hundred and ten percent into not only my studies but everything I do. I am the type of person that is willing to stay up all night helping her friend find her keys or the girl who will wake up anytime to get her mother a glass of water. I am the type of person who will sign up for 2 different volunteer works on the same day even though she has a major test the next day. I am the type of person that person who will stay up all night to finish her homework or project until it's perfect. I am the type of person who will never give up. I am responsible and self-motivated to strive higher & strive for excellence. I would think that repetition of "i am" would be used in a poem of some sort but not necessarily professional.
cathchen 4 / 16  
I agree, too much "I am the type of a person". Although it is a very inspiring self of you, if you put too much such words, it will show a bit of arrogance there. Use only once "I am the type of person" and modify the same ones to words like "Besides that, I like doing some voluntary work despite having exams" or "All this make me more responsible and motivated to strive better for excellence". I believe, doing this will make the individualistic sense in this short essay less stressed. When it comes to such essay which asks you to tell about yourself, an idea about a person who knows his own flaws, weaknesses, yet confident and resilient gives a more positive nuance for the reader about what kind of person you are.
hey, these are great examples. There is room for improvement, but you really have some great sentences... I mean.. you have a great way of asserting your good attitude.

The quote cannot embody. Only a body can embody.
"I CAN is a 100 times more important than IQ." This motto really expresses my personality. I believe ...

You need a period here:
The reason why I learned how to play various sports or the piano is because someone once told me that I couldn't I am the type of student who is willing to put in a hundred and ten percent into not only my studies but everything I do.----The period is missing.

Awesome!

Home / Undergraduate / "I CAN is a 100 times more important than IQ" -tell us more about yourself