Transfer Essay-Why transfer? (WFU, Skidmore, Vassar, UNC-CH, Davidson)

mmitchell32 2 / 2  
I haven't quite finished this essay but was hoping that I could get some feedback or advice on my progress thus far. I realize that I need to go more into detail on what I am looking for in said universities, as well as what I hope to achieve. I will address univeristy specific questions (i.e. why vassar?) in the supplement section of each application. I want to thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.

******
I always take seconds at Thanksgiving dinner. Do not get the wrong idea-I am not abnormally gluttonous and I do not believe "Greed is good," as Gordon Gekko famously said in Wall Street. Most of the time, I just cannot get enough. From an early age, I have had an insatiable desire to learn, one that has led me from the "adult" section of the library as a child, to a college course about dead people and why we love them. My appetite for all things academic has once again led me wanting more; wanting a new set of challenges and novel experiences to go along with them.

My reasons for transferring are almost entirely academic. My current college, which I chose because of its proximity to home and its affordability, has provided me with passionate discussions with my peers and faculty alike. Small class sizes have taught me the importance of communication, as well as how to interact well with my peers. A liberal arts curriculum has taught me how to think more analytically, while allowing me to refine my writing skills. I am not unappreciative of the education I am currently receiving, because it has allowed me to develop a greater sense of my abilities and myself. However, I believe there is a more rewarding set of experiences out there; one that facilitates my academic and career goals.

I am looking for an intimate and introspective community, one in which students compete against themselves and not others; one where learning is not confined
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

Spare the readers the story about how insatiable your appetite for learning is. It is really cheesy and done way too often. The rest of your essay is fine. You should expand on the aspects of these larger, more established colleges and how access to greater resources is something that makes transferring at this point something that needs to be done. -Admissions Advice Online

Home / Undergraduate / Transfer Essay-Why transfer? (WFU, Skidmore, Vassar, UNC-CH, Davidson)