UC TRANSFERRING ESSAY PROMPT 1 & 2, I have a traveler's eye

gua 2 / 1  
JUST FINISHED BOTH ESSAYS. PLEASE READ AND LEAVE COMMENTS :)

PROMPT 2

[Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?]

Let us do this just for fun. Imagine you are now traveling in a city you have never been. You see lots of unfamiliar yet friendly faces on streets; you try different food with fresh tastes. You are totally new to this city, new to everything before your eyes. Everything seems novel to you and you are eager to know more about them: their culture, their history and their trend.

I am proud to say that I have a traveler's eye, and I am happy to find that I am still not too familiar with this world. Every morning when I open my eyes, I know I am in a different new world. Billons of things have been changed or crated, sitting there quietly, awaiting me to discover. Even I myself am a new person every day. There are always new things for you to see.

I have been living in two places in my life: Hong Kong and the San Francisco Bay Area. Fortunately, both of these places are the mixture of Eastern and Western cultures. Up until now, I am still like a traveler in these places and love to bring my camera with me wherever I go. Every time I go to San Francisco, I am amazed by the people with all kinds of hair colors and piercing over their body. Whenever I go to Mongkok in Hong Kong, I am fascinated how a hundred thousand people live together in such a small district. What I never feel tired of is exposing to different cultures, people and subjects, and see how they influence with each other. I believe this is the key to my interest and passion of life and learning.

Probably this can also be called sensitivity, as I am interested in looking things in detail. After getting a big picture of a subject, I try to look for minor details or interpret it from different perspectives. I believe there is always something to discover. This attitude helps me develop my interest and creativity in photography, writing and drawing - especially photography. It is fun to find out objects when blowing up a picture and pay attention to its background. Being sensitive gives me ability to observe the beauty or unique quality of things in life. It also motivates me to dig things deeper.

Being a traveler in life, I live every single day as an experiment. I could often make mistakes because of that, yet I believe that find out mistakes and not to do them again is the key of growing. And this can make me a better person.

I have not traveled around the world. I might know not much comparing to others. However, I am amazed by many things I learned in the past 19 years, and I am eager to know more. I am a tourist everywhere I go. This attitude is what I feel proud of.
Imagine you are now traveling in a city to which you have never been.

I am proud to say that I have a traveler's eye, and that I am still happily unfamiliar with this world.

Now, at the end of this essay, add one or two more sentences about how this affects who you are.. and include mention of the program to which you are applying.

Good luck!!

Kevin
OP gua 2 / 1  
thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / UC TRANSFERRING ESSAY PROMPT 1 & 2, I have a traveler's eye