'transformed into reality' - Common App: Robotics

TheJavaDuke 1 / 3  
Hello

Could someone please go over this essay for me and see if it accurately answers the prompt?

Thanks

PROMPT: "Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum). "

ESSAY: There exists a place where innovation is fostered and ideas are transformed into reality. I know this place simply as my school's robotics club. Every robotic design that I conceive, from a simple rover to a complex humanoid, takes shape here. Building a robot is a mentally stimulating journey. I start this journey by creating a rough sketch of my robotic design. Then, parts ranging from servos to sensors come together to form a concrete manifestation of my concept. But what good is my robot if it cannot "think"? To enable my robot to respond to various stimuli, I code intricate Java programs. Final testing to ensure that all parts work harmoniously signals the end of the journey.

Robotics to me is more than calibrating sensors or writing code; it is a nurturing activity that has continually sparked my intellect. In addition to teaching me about engineering mechanics and microcontroller programming, robotics has granted me the overwhelming power to give life to my wildest intellections.
(The process of?) Building a robot is a mentally stimulating journey.

Final testing to ensure that all parts work harmoniously, signals the end of the journey.

...programming, robotics has granted me the overwhelming power to give life to my wildest intellections .---I wasn't sure about this word and had to look it up. Perfect!

:)
OP TheJavaDuke 1 / 3  
Thanks Susan! I will make the necessary changes.

Home / Undergraduate / 'transformed into reality' - Common App: Robotics