Travel and discovering new places; Cornell University:College of Human Ecology Essay

Wescobar16 1 / -  
William Edgar Escobar

Prompt: What do you value about the College of Human Ecology perspective and the majors than interest you, as you consider your academic goals and plans for the future.

I aspire to travel the world, discovering places that are new to me. In doing so, my eyes will be exposed to the injustices that many innocent people have to live with. People talk about how bad things are in this country but in reality there are some people who are forced to walk miles everyday just to get some water. This is why I am eager to build my career around studying laws, foreign policy, and, politics. I value the College of Human Ecology because there are many aspects that need to be analyzed while dealing with delicate issues that arise when injustice occurs. In order to solve these problems, I need this knowledge to approach the situation in the best way possible. Cornell University will give me the knowledge I need to go forward in my career.

At The College of Human Ecology, majors are designed and organized by social topics and themes which makes education more than just reading a textbook. My intended major is Policy Analysis and Management with a minor in French. Studying at this institution would widen my perspective on issues around the world. In my career these skills will allow me to better understand the social, economical, and cultural aspects before jumping to any conclusions or making a wrong and uninformed decision.

I thought long and hard about what I want to do in life. I'm compelled to join this type of work. I feel a great deal of obligation to this type of work. I can relate to these issues of poverty because I have witnessed them first hand. I spend much of summer in my mother's native land, Ecuador. It's a truly beautiful country with an astonishing coastline but where there is beauty there must also be ugly. In certain regions of the countryside, there are some extreme cases of poverty. There are people walking around with no shoes who are forced to live under lean-huts made of card board and other debris. No one is helping these people not even the Ecuadorian government. I feel the need to help these people, but this isn't even the worst compared to poverty in other countries.

Acceptance into Cornell University would open many doors for me. The research and analysis skills that I'll attain will serve me for the rest of my life. The College of Human Ecology will test me and push me to my fullest potential. Ideologically, this is where I am called to be for the next four years of my life and perhaps even more. I only strive for the best and this institution give me the opportunity to be the best that I can be in order to help others in the best way possible.
aceq 2 / 12 1  
I aspire to travel the world, discovering places that are new to me. In doing so, my eyes will be exposed to the injustices that many innocent people have to live with. People talk about how bad things are in this country, but in reality there are some people who are forced to walk miles everyday just to get some water. This is why I am eager to build my career around studying laws, foreign policy, and politics. I value the College of Human Ecology because there are many aspects that need to be analyzed while dealing with delicate issues that arise when injustice occurs. In order to solve these problems, I need this knowledge to approach the situation in the best way possible. Cornell University will give me the knowledge I need to go forward in my career.

Point out a class related to this major that you are interested in taking. Great Essay!! Good job.

Home / Undergraduate / Travel and discovering new places; Cornell University:College of Human Ecology Essay