Our tree is painted maroon and orange; VIRGINIA TECH / Top 5 reasons I want to be a Hokie?

graceduquette 1 / 1  
Please edit/comment on anything! (grammar or content). Thanks so much!

Habitual American families accustomed to holiday traditions most likely witness the celebration of Christmas each passing year with the ever-adorned evergreen conifer. There is a sole distinction that sets my family apart: our tree is painted maroon and orange. The entirety of my family bleeds the unmistakeable colors that define Virginia Tech, and I can only hope to electrify my being by doing so as a student. Simply stated, I have wanted to be a hokie since birth. Witnessing the incessant cheer of my uncle each Autumn as the Hokie's claim victory on Worsham Field, or the numerous drives to Blacksburg to eye the tranquil blossoms on the Drillfield have fed my craving to make my inherent Hokie citizenship a reality. I want to feel that stunning sense of community, pride, and camaraderie not only as a student, but as a future alum. The diversity of the student body and faculty is yet another compelling force. I am a firm believer that fabricating connections and friendships with all types of people will only bolster that sense of community further. "Tech's" recognition and applause of the military has always employed appreciation from myself, and I hope to honor and support the Corp of Cadets. Lastly, the opportunities granted in activities and academics are immeasurable. I hope to use them to enhance local and global communities whilst intensifying my personal charge. To be a Hokie is not merely a hint of enrollment at Virginia Tech, it is evidence of authentic fellowship.
rp2013 2 / 5  
Perhaps make your reasons more noticeably number since the prompt does ask for top 5 reasons. But overall the essay is great and flows nicely.
OP graceduquette 1 / 1  
thanks! I made this correction:

Habitual American families accustomed to holiday traditions likely witness the celebration of Christmas each passing year with the ever-adorned evergreen conifer. There is a sole distinction that sets my family apart: our tree is painted maroon and orange. The entirety of my family bleeds the unmistakeable colors that define Virginia Tech, and I can only hope to electrify my being by doing so as a student. Simply stated, I have wanted to be a hokie since birth. Witnessing the incessant cheer of my uncle each Autumn as the Hokie's claim victory on Worsham Field, or the numerous drives to Blacksburg to eye the tranquil blossoms on the Drillfield have fed my craving to make my inherent Hokie citizenship a reality. Secondly, I yearn to feel that stunning sense of community, pride, and camaraderie not only as a student, but as a future alum. Thirdly, the diversity of the student body and faculty is yet another compelling force. I am a firm believer that fabricating connections and friendships with all types of people will only bolster that sense of community further. Fourthly, "Tech's" recognition and applause of the military has employed appreciation from myself, and I hope to honor and support the Corp of Cadets. Lastly, the opportunities granted in activities and academics are immeasurable. I hope to use them to enhance local and global communities whilst intensifying personal charge. To be a Hokie is not merely a hint of enrollment at Virginia Tech, it is evidence of authentic fellowship.

Home / Undergraduate / Our tree is painted maroon and orange; VIRGINIA TECH / Top 5 reasons I want to be a Hokie?