Trekking; Common App Activity

jaxball 4 / 10 1  
Any feedback will be very much appreciated, THANKS!

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

Raindrops were smashing into the cover of our tent horrendously. This is an activity that started with over twenty participants, and ended with six. With over twenty kilograms of weight on my back, and over forty hours of trekking completed, I felt both the physical pressure of the rucksack and the mental pressure for me to finish the hike. Exhausted, I huddled up to keep myself warm in my sleeping bag. It's my second night out in the wild and I started figuring what this all meant to me. The obstacles and hardships we had overcame as a team in the day were probably the most challenging thing that ever happened to me in my whole life. I could always picture a 'city boy' crying for his momma and it would make me feel slightly better. In fact, I felt lonelier than ever - just this morning, the other group had forfeited and we were now all on our own. Yet I never had any regrets. Fear was not an option. Because deep down in my heart I knew that, behind all that time devoted, I am now an independent man with a hardened spirit. I have faith that over time, this experience will prove itself invaluable in my future.
mzontario 9 / 43  
This is good except I have no idea what you're talking about.

Camping trip? Cadets? Hunger Games?

Narrative is great but needs to be a little bit more straightforward in terms of what you're trying to convey. :D

Home / Undergraduate / Trekking; Common App Activity