These trend words would be in our minds; NYU/What intrigues you?

dusun28 1 / -  
Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

In the fast changing environment of high school, one could say a new trend emerges every week. However, what I want to address is the trend of words. The sayings I am referring to is not something that is famous and used widely throughout the nation. The popular sayings I'm talking about are very exclusive to the school or area of the youths. If you took the saying somewhere else, it would sound extremely obscure. For example, the most prominent trends that are practiced nationwide are "yolo" or "swerve". A few examples of sayings that are exclusive to my area of youths are "shinot" or "none of that". Each of these needs to be pronounced in a mix of a forced Indian and Irish accent. Although ridiculous in meaning, these words genuinely intrigue me. Why I am so fascinated by it is because the creation of the saying is an enigma to me. I do not miss a single day in school, but it seems like everybody is using it, without showing any gradual appearances. It is already a known fact that nationally famous fads start off with one person. However, these sayings exclusive of a specific area have inconclusive origins where it is unknown which group started the saying. Another reason for my interest in sayings is because I think it's a part of unofficial history of my school. Because of their inexplicable meanings, they leave a perpetuating mark on the minds of the students. These trend words won't be in yearbooks, but it is going to be in the minds of many graduates; I included.

Would you see its flow, blurry,etc?? Thanks
StephR 4 / 14 1  
i think that is flows pretty well and is written very well, but it might be a little bit out of the box for the question since they specifically ask you for a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc, but other than that i think that it is really good
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
As long as you emphasize that trending slang is a method of communication and describe what those words mean to you, your school, or our entire generation, it should fit the prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / These trend words would be in our minds; NYU/What intrigues you?