Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'A trip that continued' - UT-an issue of importance to you

nene1123 1 / -  
Plz give me any advise and point out my mistake, including the grammar and the inapt word use in english! Thank you!
by the way, i thought my title was kind of ... Thank you!~

A trip that continued

Three years ago, when I immersed in books and films and saw the world through the authors' eye, I felt a sudden agony and eager when I realized that I was lack of my own eyes which come from the touch, the smell and the feel. Because of that, deciding to gain something, maybe a moral question let me think, a goal let me pursue or even empty let me feel, I planed a simple trip.

The summer was hot: on the train from Changsha to Beijing, the narrow aisle was empty and the air condition operated noisily. I took a map lying in the bed and circled several points that I want to explore: the film studio and the SongZhuang town (many "free" painter living in there) etc. These places are all gathered some artists and people who pursue their actor or director dreams. They are a large group in today's China but an unknown group to most people. The first thing I want to do is to know them personally, not from the reports and others.

When the time I arrived at Beijing Film Studio, I was shock by the view that a crowd of people was gathering in the front gate of the studio, raising their hands up and shouting their names in different accents. That was a time a film group picking background actors. If it is not seen by myself, I won't believe that the people in front of me were all lived under the bridge with their families and properties: unkempt children, quilt, and fire hydrant (to wash). Living in a nearby hotel, I met all kind of people who waiting in the studio: an impoverished daughter of two migrant workers, a girl who dropped out of high school to become an actress and failed miserably and a top law school student who wanted to be a filmmaker. From their previous views, Beijing is the China Hollywood fulfilled with the chance and lucky, while when the time they found that not only the society was relentless and competitive but their own ability was overestimated. What supports them is the dream to be a star. It seems that the more they failed the more they insisted. When I talked with them more deeply, I found I was lost because I can't figure out whether their persistence was worthy or not and what they would do in the future, still insisting the " original dream" or veering to other veer, in a short time without long-term touch. Anyway, from the few days touch, I found myself was truly engaged in the conversation with the people whose background was totally different from my family and environment. What is more, the more I knew the reasons and the embarrassment situations the people had, the more I want to voice for them or just record them for their exists.

The trip was not end because when the time I was fond of the smell of sweat facing with an honest young man who promised he would become the second WangBaoQiang(a famous actor who bloom from the crowd.), I also knew what I really want to : recording something sincerely and present with others. After that trip, I bought a camera and a big notebook to capture the people from my own eye. And today, the camera is updated to 5D II and the notebook is stacked, but I still to continue that trip to touch, to smell, to fell and then to record.

Home / Undergraduate / 'A trip that continued' - UT-an issue of importance to you