"The trouble is, you think you have time"; essay about myself. G-PA

johnta123 3 / 3 1  
Tell us a story that helps us better understand a person, place, or thing you find inspiring-my G-PA

"The trouble is, you think you have time," prophetically states Jack Kornfield in Buddha's Little Instruction Book. Through recent experience, I found the proverb to be true. A year ago, my family was presented with the inevitable case of my grandfather's death. Over the years, distance and age pulled me away from my relationship to this man; it wasn't until his death that I realized the significant impact he has made on my life, evident by his willingness to teach me, his example of an honest lifestyle, and his connection with his faith.

Growing up, grandpa used to sell tea at the local train station in Kerala, India. While his mom was out earning 2 rupees a day, he used to go from house to house cleaning dishes. By doing so, he earned enough to sign up for civil engineering courses at the College of Engineering in Kidangoor. As my prime inspiration, my Grandpa and I share one critical factor. That is, our struggle to support of families when we were young. While he had to support his family in India, I had to support mine when we first arrived in America. This profound connection forced me to seek valuable life lessons he had learned throughout his childhood and to encompass them into mine. Whether over the phone, or on skype, he would never give up a moment to teach me. His narratives have inspired me to overcome my adversity, while staying honest and regarding the wellbeing of those around me.
Giansy11 18 / 32 5  
hi Johnta..
i enjoy reading your writing, but lemme give you some corrections.

The trouble is,when you think you have time
A year agoLast year , my family was presented confronted with the inevitable ...
evident proved by his willingness to teach ...
... to go from house to house cleaning dishesas a steward.

That is, our struggle to support of families needed when ...

..., while stayingto be honest and be grateful with regarding the wellbeing happiness of those around me.
prettyinside 2 / 2  
I like your writing, little touched. But i think we need some correction

I found the proverb to be true => I found the proverb exact
Over the years, distance and age pulled me away => have pulled
I had to support mine when we first arrived in America => So did I when we first arrived in America
This profound connection forced me to seek valuable life lessons => memorize

That is my opinion.They could be wrong, so you should check again carefully.

Home / Undergraduate / "The trouble is, you think you have time"; essay about myself. G-PA