Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value"; Attribute of Personality-MIT

aof_khristophor 1 / -  
Please give any feedback you may have, negative or positive, about the essay! If you want me to check your essays, just let me know, and I will try to help. Thanks!

I possess two attributes that supplement each other: tenacity and humility. I always knew that there are people smarter than me, and they will always be. Understanding it, I want not to be "the one, who knows more than others", but "the one, who uses power of knowledge the best way". Einstein once said: "Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value. Look around at how people want to get more out of life than they put in. A man of value will give more than he receives. Be creative, but make sure that what you create is not a curse for mankind". He was more than right saying this.

The reverse of the coin is tenacity. Weakness, depression, the very thought about failure are anathema for me, even though I felt such things greatly. There is always way to fight and win, even if I don't see it. When my father was seriously ill, I just said him: "I won't let you die." After year, when I had been depressed due to the future international chemistry olimpiad (I had been learning chemistry really well only two years), he said: "You won't fail". And I did not.

Humans can create wondrous things. We already can build machines whose power dwarfed that of any myth or legend. I believe that once we will possess engines of creation that will shape entire worlds, kindle new stars and bring light into the dark places of the universe. And there won't be places were we fear to tread anymore!

Home / Undergraduate / "Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value"; Attribute of Personality-MIT