Trying to create a strong, unique FIT application essay!?

x0simplyshelby 1 / -  
What makes you the perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to?

British philosopher, Alan W. Watts once said, "We have been taught to neglect, despise, and violate our bodies, and to put all faith into our brains." Growing up with two alcoholic parents was, needless to say, detrimental to my childhood. I remember having feelings of isolation and a lack of understanding for which my parents based their actions for most of my younger years. Constantly taking care of my irresponsible parents, I became a very independent individual, taking what I learned from media, literature and my peers to create my own morals and ethics. -- It was the transformation of a mere idea into a magnificent piece of clothing that allured me to some of the most prestigious fashion magazines that I would immerse myself in for most of my childhood. I used fashion as an escape to get away from my conflicts at home and my new companion never left me; it would never betray me as my parents had. Fashion not only created a safe haven for me to come to but it let me express myself in ways I never could before. This creative enlightenment sparked a deep passion that would follow me throughout the years to come.

As I got older my love for the fashion industry went from a mere hobby to an extreme infatuation. I indulged in novels and memoirs written by designers as well as other professionals in the industry. It was not long before I started to study the way fabrics depicted a persons class, ethnic back round and

I would watch runway shows for hours trying to understand how the product was crafted, who it would sell to and how well it was going to sell. My exorbitant dedication and meticulous eye for detail enabled me to forecast styles for my own pleasure, but also gave me some of the essential skills needed to survive in the intensely competitive industry that I would eventually pursue as a career. My knowledge for the industry grew and so did my passion.

Some historians believe that if one book were to be left from today for people to read in hundred of years, it should be a fashion magazine. It would tell more about than any other publication from any other scholar, novelist or philosopher. Fashion is adept at fulfilling another traditional function of art by reflecting changes in contemporary culture. It also has a practical purpose, whereas art does not. Fashion is the only attempt to realize art in living forms and social intercourse.
Albert 1 / 7  
FIT? Florida Institute of Technology?

Home / Undergraduate / Trying to create a strong, unique FIT application essay!?