Why I Really Must go!- Tufts

ddragonx34 7 / 22  
Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: ''Why Tufts?'' (50 words)

Tufts' is irresistible because it nurtures culturally aware and politically active students. As an International Relations major, I must take advantage of a globalized environment. I also require an unmatched interdisciplinary education in order to encounter a world of unpredictable change. Because I desire a school of such limitless potential, Tufts is the only place for me.

Self-identity and personal expression take many forms. For example, music, clothing, politics, extracurricular interests, and ethnicity can each be a defining attribute. Do you surf or tinker? Are you a vegetarian poet who loves Ayn Rand? Do you prefer YouTube or test tubes? Are you preppie or Goth? Use the richness of your life to give us insight: what voice will you add to the Class of 2014? (200)

I am "proud to be an American" in the sense that I do not fit a single niche. I treasure my ability to see value in many activities and take advantage of the "melting pot" of customs and cultures. I relish the fact that I can enjoy classical music while also nodding my head to hip hop rhythms. I can fulfill my passion for fencing in the afternoons and later head excitedly for a debate meeting. My freedom as an individual is limitless because of my capability to thrive in any environment.

On Tuesdays, I find a home in the orchestral rehearsals of Tchaikovsky's Concerto while on Wednesdays, I continue to hone my skills as a break dancer. Because of my love for diversity, I get the same satisfaction from advocating health assistance in Africa just as I do being a car salesman in the DECA program.

As an American, my passions extend even to my embrace of other cultures. I am an activist for Multicultural Awareness because I know that cultural experiences are invaluable. Both my heritage as a Korean American and experiences abroad as a missionary attest to the endless lessons we can learn from other communities.

At Tufts, I will offer new meaning to the word "American." By expressing my diverse interests in both culture and extracurricular activity, I hope to set an example for every Tufts student I meet. I must show Tufts that being an American requires more than just a correct birthplace; that our "melting pot" demands us to embrace others as developing citizens of the world.
lowcal 12 / 27  
I sounds really good!

Just as a suggestions, Because I desire a school of such limitless potential, Tufts is the only place for me.

starting a sentence with because may appear kind of sketchy and informal to the college admissions office. But other than that, fabulous response!
OP ddragonx34 7 / 22  
Thank you! Do you mind reading my last one. I was worried about this. haha

ANYBODY?!
lowcal 12 / 27  
I absolutely love it! Good work!
Your theme is perfect. I always tell people to make a case that they absolutely must attend (name of school), because this shows that you are a serious, driven student.

I am "proud to be an American" in the sense that I do not fit a single niche.----this sentence is not as strong as it could be, because being proud to be an American is different from not fitting a single niche. You can say:

I am an "all-American" student of the 21st century, in the sense that I do not fit a single niche.

:-)
OP ddragonx34 7 / 22  
Wow. thank you. I also felt that my introduction was a bit weak.

~ really appreciate the reply! :D

Home / Undergraduate / Why I Really Must go!- Tufts