Tufts - Who Am I? (Indeed - who!?)

Ivy_Equestrian 13 / 55  
Who am I, exactly? Good question. I've often asked myself the same thing, trying to pare the answer down into one neat little noun that I could offer people to would sum myself up. It hasn't exactly been easy, because you could say that I'm not exactly simple. So, who am I?

I'm an equestrian, who loves nothing more than a bewhiskered kiss and the sweet smell of hay. I'm a thespian, who delights in choreography and voice lessons. I'm a vegetarian and an animal lover, who hopes to have a menagerie of off-the-track-Thoroughbreds and greyhounds. I'm a musician, who plays guitar terribly and is even worse at piano, but enjoys the learning process regardless. I'm an addict, who savors the rich flavor of Earl Grey tea at least five times a day. I'm a Francophile, who longs to travel to Paris and study literature on the banks of the Seine. I'm a nerd, who adores Monty Python's Flying Circus and has read the Harry Potter series over twenty times. I'm an optimist, a nomad, an existentialist, and a dreamer.

I have yet to figure out that one tidy noun. But perhaps that's a good thing - I'd rather bring all of my nouns, adjectives, and verbs to Tufts, so that I can share them with everyone. Perhaps I could offer my love of horoscopes in exchange for an appreciation of Korean hip hop. The possibilities are endless! The wonderfully different words that everyone will contribute could write the strangest, most brilliant novel ever.

The supplement says 200 words/2000 characters. Does anyone know if it's one or the other or both? This is 253 words right now.
Thanks! :D
thatpersonphil - / 15  
I wouldn't suggest starting out the response as you did, it is pretty cliche and generic. Other than that I think its fine although I would suggest you try to incorporate something about voice into it since the prompt asks what voice you will add, maybe rearrange the paragraph and elaborate on your voice lessons or something. I also find the last sentence to be a bit disconnected from the rest of the paragraph. Maybe I'm missing some connection, but I think those nouns should connect more with what you state previously.

As for your question on the length, I got two different responses. When I checked Tufts' website it says 200 words or less, but when I emailed the admissions office with the same question my answer was that I could go over a little bit and finish my thoughts. I think if you cut the beginning out entirely, or down a bit, you should be fine.
I've often asked myself the same thing, trying to pare the answer down into one neat little noun that I could offer people to would sum myself up.

Actually, this might be even better this way:
I've often asked myself the same thing, trying to pare the answer down into one neat little noun that I could offer people -- a word that would sum me up.

This is very eloquent! You don't need a comma, though, in any of these places:
I'm a thespian who...
I'm a musician who plays...

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Tufts - Who Am I? (Indeed - who!?)