Why Tufts? BECAUSE I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH ELEPHANTS

jyu104 14 / 46  
Why Tufts?

When I think of Tufts, I think of elephants walking up and down the hills in Medford and platypuses swimming down the Charles. Weird thought, but besides that, I think of globalization, and how, like Tuft's student body, the world is becoming more diverse and intertwined. I think of how Tufts knows this, and how, with requirement of a World Civilizations course, fluency in a foreign language, and focus in international relations, it strives to prepare its students for this new changing world.

Can someone edit it so it's less choppy? Also do you think the intro is a bad idea? What do you guys honestly think of this?
skyworthy 3 / 17  
Really well done. Creatively approach makes it fun to read.

But, maybe conclude with a stronger impression... or definative statement?
robyag6 1 / 11  
It might since the essay is supposed to be 50 words long, but it sounds cool :)
OP jyu104 14 / 46  
When I think of Tufts, I think of elephants. I think of globalization as well. I think of how, like Tuft's student body, the world is changing, and becoming more diverse and intertwined. I think of how Tufts knows this so well, and how, with requirement of a World Civilizations course, fluency in a foreign language, and focus in international relations, it tries to prepare its students for this new world. Then I think of how I want this as well.
Add one sentence between the first and second sentence, so that you can explain why elephants are meaningful and what they represent for you as a scholar.

How about a subtle change here:
I think of globalization as well; I think of how, like Tuft's student body, the world is changing (no comma) and becoming ...
Infiniteswg 2 / 2  
I liked your original beginning, where you added the "and economics, too." It added a more definite point on the education you hope to achieve, though it may not necessarily be in economics.

Also, as a side note not related to your work, I find it very interesting that they only want fifty words. I'd rather write a twenty-page single-spaced paper on fish gills than a fifty word admissions essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Why Tufts? BECAUSE I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH ELEPHANTS