Tufts required essay- describe the environment in which you were raised.

gemma2345 5 / 15  
Prompt:There is a quaker saying :let your life speak". Describe the environment in which you were raised- your family, home,neighbourhood or community- and how it infleunced the perosn you are today.

As I walked down the dirt path, I saw children wearing tattered clothes; their stomachs swollen from malnutrition. I saw women hawking foodstuffs on the streets to earn a living. "My daughter, please help me" said an old. As I reached for some money in my purse, I made a silent promise that I was going to put a smile on people's faces. I was going to save my country somehow.

Born and raised in the most populous country in Africa, I watched people suffer without help and I watched people live in fear of their lives. Being fortunate enough to be born into a family that had the means to take care of me, I have always strived to help the people of my country in any way that I could. My first dreams as a child and now as a teenager have been greatly inspired by my determination to make my country and its people better. This dream has given me a definite and straight- forward outlook on life and plays a major part on who I am today and what I represent as a person.

Following and achieving my dreams have been my primary goal in life.

this is only a draft. i'd really like to know what you guys think..thank you!
Wanderer_x 5 / 88  
I understand your genuine intentions. But every student from a third world country capitalizes on his/her country's misery. Who would not like to see their country and countrymen progress?

"let your life speak"
Describe a significant event that made you determined to help others. I dont think one would be so moved by a begger in the street. Even if you were, many applicants would have already written the same thing.
Laurazhu - / 2  
Can you post the entire essay here??I don't know why I can only see a paragraph.
OP gemma2345 5 / 15  
i can only write 200 words or less

Home / Undergraduate / Tufts required essay- describe the environment in which you were raised.