Tufts University personal outlook short essay

vanipinto2005 2 / 1  
can someone please help me? I don't know if this is the correct approach but i really like it! any input is greatly appreciated!!!

For the second short response, we asked you to consider the world around you. Now, consider the world within. Taste in music, food, and clothing can make a statement while politics, sports, religion, and ethnicity are often defining attributes. Are you a vegetarian? A poet? Do you prefer YouTube or test tubes, Mac or PC? Are you the drummer in an all-girl rock band? Do you tinker? Use the richness of your identity to frame your personal outlook. (200-250 words)

Just like the tangent of /2, I cannot be defined. I've been a vegetarian, which in Cuban culture is not only practically unheard of but also somewhat taboo. I've taken my turn with poetry, failing miserably as my proudest moment involved rhyming "Even though Egypt is cool,/ You have to watch out for the camel drool." I can whip up a wonderfully edited video on a Mac but have yet to master opening a word processing program while the complete opposite is true with a PC. And although I've never been able to sit through an art class without getting absolutely frustrated, nothing makes me happier than walking into Michael's and thinking of a new arts and crafts project. I've been in love with the heart ever since the 7th grade after realizing I was the only who managed to remain composed during a pig's heart dissection. I can keep a conversation entirely with either songs or quotes from shows. If by a drummer in an all-girl band you mean in "Rock Band" and "Band Hero", then by all means consider me a drummer in an all-girl band. I can't play or win a decent round in Martial Arts Wii Sports, but I'm a few months short of becoming a black belt in Taekwondo. I can't try to be funny or I'll either feel terrible after or hurt someone's feelings, so I simply patiently await those random bursts of wit. I've managed to insult people by calling them "Mudbloods" and "Muggles" because why would associate myself with non-magical folk? Although I customarily celebrate Christmas, I've participated in Ramadan once, celebrated Eid twice and celebrated Hanukkah for the first this year. And yet, as I don't allow any of these small things exclusively define me, I wouldn't be the person I am today or look at the world from the perspective I do: a world full of opportunities and experiences waiting to have a turn with.
Strawberry78 4 / 52  
Instead ofJust like the tangent of /2, I cannot be defined , put Just like the tangent of /2, I am always looking for new ways to define my composition. There is too much going on. Limit to 3 or 4 qualities then elaborate.

Help on mine please. Kinesthetic
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Vanessa

I agree with EO, focus on three/four qualities and then elaborate. Also the prompt was not limiting you to answer the questions, so you can talk about other stuff too.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / Tufts University personal outlook short essay