Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

UBC Personal Profile #1: To Grow and Excel

YQUnionville 1 / -  
This is the first question on UBC's personal profile. I essentially talked about how my character has evolved over time.

Tell us about who you are. How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you? If possible, please include something about yourself that you are most proud of and why. (maximum 250 words)

To Grow And Excel

In the eyes of others, my persona has progressively evolved throughout the course of my continuous growth and development. Several years ago, my classmates viewed me as a timid newcomer to Canada who lacked the confidence to present himself in front of others and seemed as though he would never integrate into an unfamiliar environment. Then, my peers saw a boy who was determined to conquer his fear and anxiety; one who gradually stepped out of his comfort zone to introduce himself to others and engage in classroom discussions.

Today, my friends describe me as a natural comedian who can bring a table into laughter during lunch time. They see me as an optimistic fellow who can remain confident and energetic despite experiencing embarrassment and defeat. At school, my peers value me as a humble and trustworthy companion, as I strive to excel in academics while helping others along the way. My classmates portray me as an inspiring role model; they compliment me for my well-rounded capabilities as a student and a whole-hearted devotion to excellence.

From a self-doubting newcomer to an outgoing adolescent, I am tremendously proud of my character development in this brand new socio-academic environment. Through a continuum of seemingly insignificant victories and bittersweet failures, this personal journey has allowed me to establish a strong sense of self and opened up new horizons for my future life pursuits. Watch me; with time, I shall grow and excel.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism. Thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / UBC Personal Profile #1: To Grow and Excel