UCF Essays (Family, Country Teaching) / (Knowledge is my love)

BoldTitan 1 / -  
How has your family history, culture or environment influenced who you are?

Family. Country. Teaching. Those are the words inscribed on my Grandfather's tombstone. Being a high ranking naval officer and Superintendent of schools, my grandfather never felt his job was done going back to school for his Doctorate in Education. That was his philosophy on life, and it was passed down to my father and now to me. I have learned from my family that your word is everything. Integrity is key to the person you will become. When you give someone your word, it must be kept, no questions asked. I hold this statement with pride, and my character is an important part of my life. My reputation as an honest person is very important in my life, the way I show others respect reflects upon my upbringing and the values I carry. My father, competing in many sports in his life and becoming Rookie of the Year for UCF, taught me the fundamentals of determination and how hard work pays off in the end. Learning from my father, I have tried to push myself towards these goals in all aspects of my life; in striving to take the toughest courses, engaging in numerous clubs and learning as much as I could. I have had to teach myself one important lesson that I am finally starting to grasp, "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard." This is key for my new motivation in life.

What qualities or unique characteristics do you possess that would allow you to contribute to the UCF community?

Knowledge is what I love, and seeking out knowledge is my passion. From discussing philosophical concepts, current events going on in the world, or even new scientific advances, knowledge and the ability to discuss this knowledge with others is one of my top qualities. While other classmates of mine were worried about the new style or the next party, I was reading newspapers, watching the news, and delving into current affairs to feed my hunger for the next big moment in world history. Another quality I hold true to myself is my word. My word means everything to me, and I'm never afraid to tell the truth and make a promise on it. If you don't have a bond built on trust, then any relationship in life will never be great one. That is why I value my core sense of ideals in a world becoming so corrupt. I have made mistakes in my past in school and relationships, but aim towards bettering myself as an individual so that I can achieve my highest aspirations. When I attend UCF, I will bring forth the most important commitment of my life, and I give you my word that I will work to all my potential to ensure that I succeed at UCF and bring a new level of integrity, leadership, commitment, and passion to my school.
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
Greetings, Kyle)
Your answers for these two question are not original I guess,everyone who applies to college is supposed to like knowledge and be responsible and honest and diligent. Try to describe some of your other interesting qualities and, if you could, describe some event that formed or supported it.

And what I noticed in your answers is lack of sentence structure variety, so try to employ different structures.
Post your essays here and I will look at them)

Home / Undergraduate / UCF Essays (Family, Country Teaching) / (Knowledge is my love)