Why UChicago? It will challenge me, kick my ass, drain me, and destroy me.

Camilabido 6 / 11  
How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

I live in thirst of knowledge, most things I do in life derive from a need of understanding, a constant scape from the bliss of ignorance, and the continuous hunt for conscience. But why? That is the main question, why can't I enjoy a simple life full careless sets of actions? Because is wrong, and instead of offering the freedom we think it gives us, it actually puts us in cages, we feel overwhelmed and unsatisfied, and we fail to point directly to the cause, so we recur to the common lazy mantra of "Life is unfair" or "Sometimes life just sucks and there's nothing you can do about it", but truth is: we are affected by the things that are wrong around us whether we acknowledge them or not. So let's us live in freedom! being aware of the leaking ceiling so we can dance around the house without falling unexpectedly, knowing what's wrong and making it right for once and for all, slowly but surely, and let us find the life satisfaction and joy we've been searching all along, living the best life we can, using our resources to the full of its potential, because otherwise it would be a pitiful waste.

At Uchicago this is a living principle, people are eager to know, to talk about ideas and theories, the classrooms are filled with enthusiasm for learning the theoretical or practical understanding of every resource life gives us, and that's not something I can say I have where I live. In Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, people discuss events or individuals, not ideas, caring is most times controversial and considered "unnecessary misery", spending your time watching documentaries like "Cowspiracy" or "Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom" is socially perceived as a waste of time: knowledge is not celebrated, in fact is condemned in a very subtle but real way.

Uchicago represents a chance, one that all my past experiences have been pointing towards to, a chance to enjoy and share the freedom that the celebration of knowledge allows us. The University of Chicago fills the gaps on most of the things I have to better of myself, my arrogance will be treated with its grade deflation by giving me a true evaluation of my work, as well as a push to thrive and deliver beyond what I believe to be the ends of my capabilities, the legendary Uchicago Scavenger Hunt will help to improve my outside the box thinking, the Human vs Zombies game will improve my cognitive skills and prevent heart disease by giving me the yearly recommended amount of exercise, the Latke or Hamantash debate will give me a life time needed understanding of such long stablished polemic as well as essential help in the choosing of a stand in this crucial topic. Not to leave out that the help from the different faculty members of other disciplines in mentoring Uchicago sociology students, together with the encouragement from the department towards cross-departmental course registrations, make perfect fit for my interest in political sociology, leaving me completely eager to experience those many and close ties between the Political science department as well as the other disciplines.

In all ways and in all of its aspects Uchicago will challenge me, kick my ass, drain me, and destroy me, to build me new into a competent, prepared, defiant, controversial, game-changer citizen responsible for society's switch to the path of much needed advancement, and ground breaking discoveries of unthinkable possibilities.

The path to a free society.
Camila, I'd like to help you out with the first two paragraphs of your essay.

1st paragraph
- a constant e scape from the bliss of ignorance, and the
-why can't I enjoy a simple life full of careless sets of actions?
- Because isWell, it's wrong, and instead
- So let's us live in freedom!, being aware
- knowing what's wrong and making it right for once and for all,
- using our resources to the full of its potential, because otherwise it would be a pitiful waste.

2nd paragraph
- At UC hicago this is a living principle,
- people are eager to know, tothey talk about ideas and theories,
- learning the theoretical orand practical understanding
- spending your time watching documentaries like "Cowspiracyconspiracy ( be very careful with your spelling, in this sentence the effect of a misspelled word is very heavy as you depict a serious issue, I dig deeper and this documentary is indeed worth watching) " or "Winter on Fire:

There you have it Camila, please find my remarks above.

Home / Undergraduate / Why UChicago? It will challenge me, kick my ass, drain me, and destroy me.