Why UChicago (diabetes changed my life and goals)?

SayWhat 1 / 2  
THe prompt is: How did you get caught?

Would it be too much to talk about how getting diabetes changed my life and directed my goals...?
t1292 11 / 21  
um I dont think that answers the question but maybe you could make that work. Writing isn't like Math .
NonSequitur 3 / 15  
I don't know why t1292 is being so negative.

This is a good idea, especially if diabetes is a very personal topic for you.

Write about how diabetes 'caught on to you', and maybe how you were able to beat it (sort of like an analogy of a race).

Best of luck, I'm probably applying to UChicago too, but haven't written anything yet.

:)
OP SayWhat 1 / 2  
thnx for the replies! i guess i sort of meant how diabetes caught me at first, but in the end i got away figuratively speaking
yang 2 / 313  

or, since uchicago is a HARDCORE creative (at least they're trying to promote themselves that way) school, you could talk about how you are the disease and you caught "yourself" but "you" overcame you... imagine the rest!

so what major? I applied early action economics, nervous of getting back the results in a week.
OP SayWhat 1 / 2  
im applying for mathematics, but Im not completely sure as of yet cause I might want to do premed...best of luck to you on EA!
too much to talk about

What do you mean... to heavy of a topic? I think it's great. But remember, it is also obvious that diabetes would affect someone's goals/worldview, so use it as a jumping off point. Don't write it all about diabetes. Write about the shift of perspective.

Home / Undergraduate / Why UChicago (diabetes changed my life and goals)?